UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

It may take awhile if they use this to upload it. :wink:

http://www.pcmuseum.ca/gallery/FanExpo2011-02-750.JPG

Your phone will ring and a creepy voice will say, “Seven days…” :ghost:

8 Likes

Um yeah mine went off about 15 minutes ago for no reason

Simple… Pack all of the stuff that’s not hard wired… And upgrade the rest!

2 Likes

So both my homebridge app and my plantlink app can’t seem to talk to smartthings anymore. Are we sure it is getting better?

I’ll take my hard wired and replace with cheap regular stuff

Well, you obviously don’t need them… So I’ll pm you my address. :wink:
I just want to know what more then one motion sensor in a room is used for. Let alone 8?

I can see two or three in a big room but 8 damn

His combination of motion and light sensor in the toilet bowl to activate the Tp dispenser is pure genius.

One of these for each day of the week…
Trigger:
Monday Underwear location motion true

Rule:
NOT Day of Week is Monday

Action when true:
Speak “Those are yesterday’s undies. Next drawer, please. You must be tired”
Turn on Coffee Maker

3 Likes

I know right? That’s what @Mike_Maxwell said a few posts up. I guess one multi, one pet resistant, maybe another to cover a weird angle or perhaps for the walkin. But 8? I won’t say how many ST devices I have, yet… But ask me about X10. They don’t make a device that I don’t have. And most x10 I have 10 backups for every one installed. Or that was installed. I even won $1000 of products in an email contest from x10.com back in the early 2000’s.

2 Likes

Well, in my master bath… There is one with limited vision (makmasking tape cut to shape) sensing across the doorway. This is the initial turn on sensor.

Second one is above the mirror to keep the sink lights on while standing at a sink.

Third is in the toilet area to keep that light lit while doing the deed.

Fourth is in the closet (future sensor) for obvious reasons.

Fifth is in the shower to activate an keep those lights on while in there.

My wife and I have different tastes when it comes to automation. I like things to seem to be able to predict my motions and light the area I am going to. My wife likes (aka will only do it this way) to have control over the lights, no predictions, but is ok with lights coming on as she walks in the room.

So, I have six modes. In that room certain lights come on initially based on the mode, at certain dimmer levels. Then the other lights come on and go off based on where I go. When I get in the shower those lights come on and all others go off, unless there is other motion, then they stay on. I get out of the shower and those lights go off and the other lights turn on. Same with the closet and toilet lights.

Now, everything is also controlled by Alexa in the room.

My wife likes things bright and shiny. I like the lights at about 10%. All, she walks in the initial lights come on. She opens her cabinet door, which is something she always does (hair dryer and stuff are in there). The contact sensor on the door opens and all automations are disabled. Every light in the room comes on at 100%. She closes that cabinet every thing turns off in one minute and all automations resume. Also, while the contact is open she can customize the room to her liking via voice control with Alexa.

And that’s just that room… The matter bed room is the same way.

1 Like

That’s a great idea… "Alexa, turn on the wiper! "

1 Like

The cat is out!

1 Like

It is only 1/3 of the cat, can’t wait for the other 2/3!!

That is not to say I don’t appreciate the IDE updates, just more curious about platform/SHM,

2 Likes

Did you see the section titled “Reliability Focused Changes”?

This is a new problem for me…

At 2030 my house changes modes from evening to night. It has done this without fail for about six weeks.

Last night the change did not occur. But the mode did change at 2215 into late night mode.

It also did not change again tonight.

I have a rule that changes the mode at 2030 and a manual back-up switch. Last night I didn’t press the switch. I noticed the wing mode a couple of minutes before the late night mode and I just brushed it off.

Tonight I checked it at 2030 and the mode was still evening. It is also listed as evening in the IDE.

Here’s the weird part. Everything that was programmed to occur at the mode change occurred. Even the delayed by 60 minutes of turning of the porch lights.

So the house thinks it’s in night mode, but says evening.

I pressed the manual mode change, same thing. Still shows evening mode.

I’m going to manually change it in the IDE and see what happens.

Yes, but I also read the following statement…

We will be sharing more detailed information on the changes implemented around platform stability and Smart Home Monitor in a separate post.

1 Like

Wow! It got real quiet real quick!

1 Like

Everyone is rebuilding their Rules

5 Likes

That’s not funny… not even a little bit… haha