UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

I like to remind myself how many devices I currenty have in ST every time I had a new thing…lol not :joy:

Hmm, this is from memory, but didn’t add a device previously require at least 2 clicks to get there?

Also, after getting into that menu, there was another click required to actually start the add device.

Now, one click just starts the inclusion.

That’s great for the first 20… Try it adding five devices after scrolling through 150 each time…

4 Likes

2 clicks in the past but now about 20 swipes to get there plus one click, also the time wasted as the app struggles to scroll all of your devices. Definitely not good except for the most basic of users.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who has always exclusively gone into Marketplace for adding a device?

2 Likes

I’m gonna go with… Probably yeah.

1 Like

Suddenly occurred to me, that the UI designers are clearly not big Smartthings users themselves. If they were then they could not have possibly missed this annoying issue of scrolling through big lists of devices every time they want to add something.

This revelation is not great news… :disappointed:

3 Likes

They are probably just average users… You know… 15 devices total

6 Likes

Hey now, I only have 10 Zigbee/Z-wave devices and since I’ve never been able to achieve any sort of actual stability with those, I’m apprehensive about buying anymore devices! I think that at least makes me an above-average user. :slight_smile:

Getting there… Are they all in one room? I think you reach super user status when your bathroom has its own echo and at least 12 devices.

3 Likes

Uh oh… Does it have to be an Echo or does an Echo dot count?

Yeah… I guess Dot’s count… lol

What if I just don’t have acoustical ceilings?

No… That’s the way I always do it!

1 Like

Wouldn’t be a bad call to reinstate it back there to be honest. Makes sense as that’s where all the other new things are.

1 Like

What a great thing to go on that big empty dashboard

1 Like