UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

That was part of yesterday’s release, but I haven’t checked it yet.

1 Like

I must say. All my lights came on when they were supposed too (motion not time) my garage opened when I came home from dropping off the kids and it didnt trigger the alarm. So far so good for me

Good work ST Keep it up with the update tonight

2 Likes

SHM didnt disarm this morning for me, resulting in an alert every time we let the dogs in or out, went into garage, etc. As I was pulling into work this morning, I receive 2 separate motion detected “intrusion events” on 2 separate floors in my home. This prompted my wife to immediately text me to see if I was playing hooky from work today.

Anyone else see this?

YMMV. It was a general comment for folks reading related to presence sensors. Every home is different, but the comment about what worked for me may work for others that are new or have not considered it.

1 Like

Many of us believe that the application state corruption that is affecting Rule Machine is also affecting SHM (both RM and SHM use state variables extensively). The fix to the application state corruption is due to roll out today.

1 Like

They are pushing the BIG(er) update soon (today, according to trustworthy posters) that will address more SHM bugs…Also confirmed in yesterday’s announcement

This is the first day this has happened though. Id think with all the issues the platform has had in the recent days/month, it would have been a recurring thing.

Just bringing it to light because of its recent behavior.

*patiently waiting for next rollout.

1 Like

I don’t know what happen, but I lost the state of my mode this morning (Home was executed, but a couple of hours later the mode was in Night), and two different located aeon contact sensors… Nice…

So I’ve noticed about two days ago how they changed the loading on the SHM - the dashboard is actually a web browser that loads a web page. They’ve changed bits and pieces there, including a blue circle that rotates during load. Then the “intrusion alerts” popup stopped working, then yesterday afternoon it started working again, but full screen (it used to have a little border around before where you could still see the dashboard). Then this morning it stopped working again, I can’t dismiss a false alarm from a motion sensor - can’t see that alert.

And this morning, for the second day in a row, my hub was offline. Rebooted it and it started working just fine, but if it lost connection during the night, it definitely did not come back up on its own…

I am on version 1 of the hub. I assume the update effect both v1 and V2 stability.

It is a cloud update, so I would assume so.

We talked about it yesterday actually

Thanks, but what was the outcome?

No “outcome” yet. That was more to let you know it’s on the radar.

1 Like

I find after big updates that an occasional device or mode will be out of sync. It’s always a one time issue for me and happened last night. All was fine this am.

1 Like

So ST Status just changed to:

Resolved - We have addressed performance issues with Smart Home Monitor and are resolving the current incident. We realize that some users are still experiencing trouble related to broader platform reliability and we are working to improve overall performance.
Apr 14, 18:05 EDT

@jody.albritton Does this mean today’s SHM and Platform Stability cloud updates are complete?

We will continue to improve it. But we have returned to normal levels.

2 Likes

For the first time during this whole process, my alarm sounded by itself twice today. I deleted SHM and re-added it shortly before they sent this out. I hope that solved it.

1 Like

My GoodMorning routine doesn’t disarm SHM anymore! Guess it’s ok! One of the presidential candidate asked us to stay vigilant! :wink:

2 Likes

Is the “zombie” rule bug still being deployed? Would like to see this issue get resolved so we can get some hope for having Rule Machine back in business.

1 Like