UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

223 notifications. Dryer rule went headless…
Wtf

I have no issues with a delay, as long as the reason for the delay is for the reasons that @bamarayne said in his post. If we do get what is considered a major update and the problems still exist then I get the feeling a large group of people will be jumping ship.

3 Likes

Dude! The dryer is finished. Give that thing a qualude and tell it to calm the hell down!

4 Likes

Hey Jason, have you updated your Andoid, uf so, can you create a trigger with periodic?

Well it appears the new android update has made things worse, I cannot create rules in RM or Button Controller without getting the red banner you are speaking of and I basically have to exit the app before trying again. It seems that if you click the back button while setting up a rule the app freaks out. :rage:

Fill out a report here… Android 2.1.1 Issues

1 Like

Yes, I updated earlier.
I created this trigger, using periodic minutes, every minute, running a custom command on a Phillips hue v2 bulb that is connected to a v1 hue bridge.

I figured that would cover all of the problem areas.

I had no problem creating it or running it.

I bet is a Marshmallow thing. Let me try on my note 5. Thanks for trying.

Possibly, I’m still on 5.1.1 on my note 4

I’m still getting an unexpected error has occurred with the new update :cry:

Nope not luck on Note 5. I click done, and get this:

I have filed a bug for the issue with getting “unexpected error” banner when trying to create a rule and you click the back arrow before you complete the rule setup. If you complete the rule setup without hitting back it seems to work. Confirmed and repeatable with RM and Button Controller on Samsung Galaxy S6 with Marshmallow update.

Backing up in an unfinished rule gave me a red banner before this 2.1.1 update. Better to push Done and come back to the rule to finish.

They wouldn’t be damned if they actually did what they said they were going to do instead of postponing it and working on what they already did previously. I wouldn’t be upset at all if I knew there were still working on it

We are still working on it and we won’t stop working on it until we get it right.

13 Likes

Well I never ran into it before, or if I did it was something occasional as I have gotten that banner before but doing random things. The difference at least for me is that it happens every single time where I don’t remember that being the case before. That is not to say it wasn’t happening before as I may not have had to back up while creating a rule, just so happens that I have had to do that twice today already and it has happened in my test attempts as well.

If you look in posts from 2 years ago you will see people with your same type of comment…they are still waiting lol. I am about 7 months into the system myself and personally think that like you said, SHM is really at the heart of the device. I just wish they would get that totally working and then continue the work into performance enhancement. I have not been able to properly set up my alarm system using the siren since this whole thing started a month or so ago. I live in an apartment and can’t take a chance on the siren going off for no reason and not being able to disarm the alarm. I bought ST for the security features that were outlined on the packaging of it. It worked great until these most recent issue started and ever sense it is basically been a paperweight to me. I have tried to be patient as possible but when they post a status update saying that they are working on fixing SHM specifically and then a few days later post another status update saying that they decided not to fix SHM right now and rather continue working on things that were supposed to have already been fixed is extremely frustrating. I am a patient person for the most part but this just seems like a bunch of people with no real strategy to attack the issues at hand with any pragmatism. Honestly, I lost that patients that I had when I solve that they were postponing efforts to fix SHM! I am so close to returning this product. It has been weeks and I don’t know how much longer I can stay on board with a product that may or may not ever work like it’s supposed to. Reading some of the old forums is scary because it shows you how long certain issues have persisted. I mean it is taken 2+ years for them to finally fix the scheduler issues. Assuming they are even fixed I don’t really know.

I hear you, but according to the most recent status update, you guys are postponing efforts to fix SHM and focusing yet again on platform reliability. Is this not the case?

Could it be that SHM supports a subset of users whereas platform reliability affects everyone? Maybe that explains the priority.

1 Like

It’s all one thing. Fixes for SHM will help stability and fixes for stability will help SHM.

1 Like