Update on SmartThings Classic Shutdown

SmartLighting wasn’t touched by the migration tool so there’s likely something else going on. Recommend you contact support and see if there’s something happening with your location that is preventing that smartapp from showing correctly. This is rare, but we’ve seen it happen in a small number of corner cases.

There are several reports from people in Nordic countries Who found that smartlighting was region locked after the migration. So it wasn’t moved, but it was definitely different.

Since ADT brand is out for Mex, how can I pair ADT/ST devices, no new ones but if one of I have now need to be reset ?.. Classic App had ADT/ST section to do it… Thanks in advance !

good question! I’m guessing the option isn’t available since it wasn’t officially sold in the Mexico market?

Installed instances of Smart Lighting were left untouched by migration. The reports from users in some regions outside of the UK, CA, and US are that Smart Lighting isn’t listed in the SmartApp catalog as available to install as new instance. The list of available SmartApps varies between the new and Classic apps so while Smart Lighting would have been available to install from the Classic app when signed in with a Nordic Samsung account, that isn’t necessarily true now due to how the SmartApp catalog is filtered by region in the new app.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d find it helpful if the app were able to list the filtered out SmartApps. There is a difference between being able to confidently say “that SmartApp isn’t available here” and “never heard of it”.

Actually the same is true of all app features that haven’t rolled out everywhere. Like the SmartThings Labs for example. Even a greyed out menu would be better than no sign of it at all. It just helps us communicate.

3 Likes

There was also the issue where some older custom DTH’s that used incompatible button values were causing the smartlighting app to crash when you tried to open it in the new app. If you are using any custom DTH’s that have new updates it probably is a good idea to update them for better compatibility with the new app.

2 Likes

I’ve posted that in a new tread but it became hidden. I’ve found few features that can’t be reached in the official app. I’ve downloaded an old SmartThings Classic app APK and this features are working again . Here is the list:

1. Bring back Smart Lightning smartapp, and create automation with it that also shown in Official ST App
  2. Easily calibrating Fibaro modules Since the calibrate and Sync buttons came back.
  3. Store parameters in Fibaro modules just because the Sync button came back . I was unable to store with official ST app.
  4. bring back “Something Left Open” Smartapp.

It will be really appreciated if this can be done also in the Official SmartThings App. I don’t want to use the Classic App but I found no other way to use the above features.

What version of classic did you download that is still working?

1 Like

Smart Lighting works fine in the new app. I have multiple smart lighting rules for both my locations.

It is region locked, so it isn’t available to everyone (unfortunately).

2 Likes

And was this added to the post? I couldn’t tell.
Furthermore, is there an explanation to why these SmartApp region restrictions are in place?? Especially SmartLightning??
I live in Sweden and I cannot for a second understand why it is not made available here… so disappointed :frowning:

3 Likes

It is regionlocked in the new V3 app so now some people who had it in Classic don’t have it and some new people don’t have it even in countries where the hub is sold officially now.

We have had reports of it being missing in the forum from a couple of different Nordic countries, for example.

In one case the person was able to get it back by going to support, but I don’t know if that was because they previously had it in classic. :thinking:

1 Like

Use the Classic App version from 2018 and keep on enjoy this wonderful smart App. Once you done some automation in classic App , it will also shown in the official App.

3 Likes

I’m using version 2.12 from 2018. newer versions will show the screen that direct you to the official app.
Both Apps are installed and working…For now

3 Likes

Has this ever happened?

2 Likes

SmartThings Home Monitor - 213 countries/regions

Smart Lock Guest Access - Canada, Great Britain, US

Smart Lighting - Canada, Chile, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Singapore, Spain, US

3 Likes

@Brad_ST
I live in Israel. What should I do I need to do if I want to use Smart Lighting ? What about Smart Lock Guest Access ?
Do I need to wait , and you’ll allow it to everyone in the future ? Maybe to install and old version of Classic app and activate it there than use it in Official App.
Please advise…

I am unaware of plans to release either SmartApp in additional countries. Smart Lighting is a legacy integration that will eventually be deprecated. Most features of Smart Lighting can be performed via custom automation in the app. As for Smart Lock Guest Access, my only recommendation is to try a 3rd party SmartApp created for access control.

2 Likes

@JDRoberts just to keep you updated.

Thanks @Brad_ST! If you don’t mind, could you please check as well, is there any geographical limitation for the Sonos Websocket integration? That comes up time to time and nobody has ever confirmed it, that it has been revoked.

Thanks again!

1 Like