[OBSOLETE] IKEA Trådfri Bulb Device Type

Yes, I’ve found a similar problem with my Innr Colour bulbs. In my core Piston, I add a 5 second delay between setting level and setting colour, and that seems to fix it.

Im not at home right now so i cant test this but if you have the light close by then you could modify the setLevel method so that it add a delay between the level and temperature calls like this

def setLevel(value) {
// this will set the color temperature based on the level, 2200(0%) to 2700(100%)
// it’s a bit more like how a traditional filament bulb behaves
zigbee.setLevel(value) + “delay 500” + zigbee.setColorTemperature(2200 + (5*value))
}

I just updated the device handler so that users can set a delay between level and colour temperature change, give it a try if your devices don’t dim properly.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

Great work. I like this device type better than the Zigbee colour temperature bulb.

@Edvald any chance to update to the new ST color theme?

New Color Theme in ST App?

updated the colour

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this!

@Edvald

Nice work on this. Works really well for me too. Did you get any further on making the remotes work?

thanks for your effort.

Unfortunately not, my knowledge about zigbee and ST isn’t enough to write that device handler

I noticed this weekend that the Ikea bulbs don’t offer the colour temperature controls inside ActionTiles. I’m not sure if it’s the DTH that would implement this, or something on the ActionTiles side?

@Edvald would you be able to add a tile in the app to show the colour temperature like the stock zigbee dth?

Do you mean https://www.actiontiles.com/?

1 Like

Do you mean the one called “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb” or " ZLL White Color Temperature Bulb"?
The trådfri dth behaves like “ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb” in that it shows a “name” instead of a kelvin temp. I don’t think that kelvin temp is all that interesting to know since, at least for me, it means nothing compared to a descriptive name of the color temp. “Soft white” is more understandable than “3239 K”

Yes, thats the one. Previously called SmartTiles.

Thanks for the response. I compared it to the Osram Lightify bulbs I have connected to smartthings. These were added as ZLL white colour temperature bulbs. Below is a screenshot how it looks.

I have some pistons to set lights to a specific Colour temperature based on time if the day. It will be easier for me to see the colour temperature and adjust the slider if one of my pistons don’t fire correctly.

One small change that I’ve made.

I’ve changed the following (line 63) from

multiAttributeTile(name:“switch”, type: “lighting”, width: 6, height: 4){
to
multiAttributeTile(name:“switch”, type: “lighting”, width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: true){

This means I can select my own icon for the bulbs.

Change line 200 from

sendEvent(name: “colorName”, value: genericName )

to

sendEvent(name: “colorName”, value: value + “K”)

I’m not saying this is the neatest way, cleanest way or best way to do it; but it appears to work.

There is a small jump having said that when setting using the slider, but still better.

I’ve updated the code and I added a preference toggle so that those that prefer kelvin can enable that instead

3 Likes

Added that to the code

2 Likes