Not sure whether this is a direct correlation or mere coincidence, but our home is just not the same since the 1.4.1 update on 8/21. Since the update, the Sunrise/Sunset smart app no longer sets modes, so any automation controlled by a specific mode is not occurring because Day no longer turns into Night and vice versa.
Our garage door has also gone schizo and become hot tempered after the 1.4.1 update. We have a multi-sensor that reports the state of our garage door; the open/close magnet reports that status, while the accelerometer angle is used to report when the garage door has been open for more than 10 minutes. After the 1.4.1 update however, the open/closed status begins cycling through the two states when the garage door is still closed and the temperature in the garage tops 80F. About every minute we’ll get a push notification that the garage door is open, and a few seconds later it reports that the garage door is closed again. The cycle happens again in 1-5 minute intervals until the temperature drops below 80F. When I check the actual status of the sensor after the open notification, it always reports that the sensor is closed. The accelerometer has also become “sticky,” not changing value when the door is opened, so the 10 minute warning never triggers. The multi-sensor reports its battery level at 75%, so that doesn’t appear to be the problem.
The presence sensors we have in our cars are behaving somewhat better after 1.4.1. They now give erroneous arrival/departure notifications only once or twice a day instead of randomly throughout the day. Still not reliable enough to trust them to automatically open/close the garage door when either the car arrives/departs though.
Outside of the specific automation problems, SmartThings 1.4.1 for iOS takes a really long time to load now; probably 2-3x longer than previous versions. Custom images within the app often don’t load and take a really long time to refresh if they ever do at all. I’ve tried restarting the SmartThings Hub, but that didn’t help resolve any of these issues.
To the SmartThings crew: please let me know if there are any logs or anything else I can provide to help resolve these issues for the 1.4.2 update.