[UNSUPPORTED] Enphase Envoy (local access)

D4.2.33 (b68db1) firmware.

/api/v1/production/inverters I used, user envoy pass last six of envoy serial worked for me.

Shows this info for each inverter, 22 in my case:
{
“serialNumber”: “121502015147”,
“lastReportDate”: 1487544165,
“lastReportWatts”: 0,
“maxReportWatts”: 175
},

Going to have to learn how to code something to make it useful. Don’t need it ST but having a local hosted page would be great.

No go with FW R3.12.49 (590f48) here using envoy and last 6 digits of serial:
{ "status": 401, "error": "", "info": "Authentication required", "moreInfo": "" }
:cry:

I was under the impression that the Envoy automatically updated when a new firmware was released?

I suspect the two of you might actually have 1st generation (oval shaped unit) and 2nd generation (box type unit which supports consumption metering too) hardware.

Mine is square and was installed in Aug. So that may be it. I tried tinkering with the DH to manually plug the install date info in but I just don’t know enough and couldn’t find the right area of code.

Yes - I have a Gen1 (oval)

“I’m having problems after installing this device. When I attempt to save all of the settings for the solar device, it says please fill out all required fields. All of the fields are filled out and nothing shows as red. I’ve never had this problem in the past when setting up custom devices, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.”

Same issues here for me as well. Android Nougat.

Workaround for “please enter all fields issue” - Manually enter the device config from the Devices page in the IDE:

The latest version of the DTH on GitHub now supports the new “Health Check” feature and no longer requires an external SmartApp for polling - it will automatically refresh data without any additional requirements.

how often does it refresh?

Every two minutes - this should get every update (Envoy has 5 minute update interval) even with the randomly disappearing responses…

1 Like

Anybody have an issue with the center column of tiles being blank after the Android Smartthing app V2.3.0 update?

I had to downgrade to V2.2.7 version of the .apk to get the center row of tiles to display once more.

OK it must be something I did. V1.4 20170309 appears to work OK with Smartthings 2.3.0 andriod.

@ahndee ny way to manually enter install date? I get this error:

c98981e8-d0c6-4135-9756-1f06a1ba8686 10:52:06 AM: debug A Enphase Solar - unable to find installation date on page
c98981e8-d0c6-4135-9756-1f06a1ba8686 10:52:06 AM: debug A Enphase Solar - trying to determine system installation date…

Thanks for this besides the date issue it works great.

I assume you have the newer (square) Envoy? Is the installation date listed somewhere on its main page (or some other page)? I might have to adjust the parsing in that case.

Yea newer, installed in Oct. Not on the main page and haven’t found it anywhere else. That’s why I asked if I can add it in somewhere. I tried tinkering in the DH code but I have no clue what I’m doing so no luck,.

OK - you could change lines 426-427 of your DTH from

log.debug "${device.displayName} - unable to find installation date on page"
			state.installationDate = -1

to

state.installationDate = new Date().parse("MMM dd, yyyy", "Oct 12, 2016").getTime()

(obviously using the actual date of your installation.

1 Like

K so changed and get 4:35:28 PM: debug A Enphase Solar - unable to find installation date on page

I am getting a number in the last tile now on the lifetime row(I assume it’s correct). But under that next to refresh are two dashes – Where the date should be. I know how to just make it display the date by changing ${currentValue} on that tile to the date but that’s fudging it. But if that’s the best I can get, I can live with it. :slight_smile:

If you changed the two lines 426-427 to the one line listed (with the correct date), it would be impossible to get the “unable to find installation date […]” error in the logs as that has been removed.

Did you maybe forget to publish the changes from the IDE? :wink:

1 Like

Actually your right was tinkering to get the date to show on the tile and I forgot to re-comment out the two lines but the no date showing on the last row tile is still happening. Again I can live with hard coding it.

Is there no way to just set up the DH so we have to enter the date in settings instead of it fetching it? We have to enter some system data so to me entering the date is no biggie.

Ooops - my bad. Please add one more line just below the one where you entered the date:

sendEvent(name: 'installationDate', value: "System live since " + new Date(state.installationDate).format("MMM dd, yyyy"), displayed: false)

It would be possible but I don’t think that there is a way to display this only when the date cannot be found. Also entering dates manually is pretty error prone…

1 Like