Unable to register my new SmartThings Smart Cams

I tried calling Samsung for support on these Smart Cams. After trying to reach someone on SMS, phone, and chat, I finally got to someone and they said that 800-Samsung doesn’t support the cameras and to call another number. When I call that number, I either get a “you can’t call this number from your area” or a automated attendant that expects me to know what extension I want. Wow! Really? I’m actually a Samsung lover, but this really is disappointing.

So now I’m reaching out here hoping that some Samsung person can help.

I’m using my Samsung A30s phone to try to register the cameras. I have an Eeros wifi system, if that matters. I finally figured out that I need to disable mobile data so that the phone actually tries to talk to the camera instead of the internet when it determines that the camera’s Wifi AP is a dead end. Still, I’m getting “a problem has occurred, please try again”.

I’ve been trying for days. Help?

Hey there! @dcabot25.

What is the Model Code of your A30? If your product is a non-US model, support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team in your area.

You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry for further assistance with contacting support to assist you further.

Wow, that was misunderstood.

The problem is registering the Smart Cams. I don’t think there’s a problem with the phone. I think there’s a problem with the Cams.

My phone’s model is SM-A307GN/DS. The Cam’s model is RC8335PRO.