Unable to load your home solutions / SHM broken in Classic App (August 25, 2020)

I have the same problem at 2 locations with sirens going off. Also got the same stupid response from support. :rage:

Hey friend, I’m in the same boat as you. My alarms went off this morning after I opened the door, thinking that I had disabled the SHM alarm but apparently the alarm was still active. I got an email from Konnected this morning that says there is a migration guide to use the system with the new app:

I’ll be following this guide to transition to the new app after I get home from work. Best of luck!

Edit: for anyone else who uses ActionTiles, they has the following article on getting SHM working on the new SmartThings app in the ActionTiles interface:

https://support.actiontiles.com/knowledge-bases/8/articles/8170-how-to-use-new-smartthings-home-monitor-with-actiontiles

1 Like

yes I have a konnected board as well
was going to wait until oct to things are better
but will look at this migration guide too

I get same error, can not load my home solutions

same issue with alarms going off unable to get into Home solutions with the new or the old smart things app. waiting to hear back from customer service.

Thanks that got me back into my webcore dashboard.

This is also being discussed here:

SmartThings broke several things yesterday morning (Aug 25), affecting SHM in the Classic App, which in turn caused the errors in the webCoRE and IFTTT Groovy code.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. I had the same problem this morning with my SHM alarm, USA. Let us know how it goes. I need to go a step further as I have Actiontiles as my dashboard. Not sure the dashboard will still work if I migrate. I guess I have no option without blowing up the whole thing.

ActionTiles works with the new app. You will need to make changes in order to use it with STHM in the app. I believe they have details on the ActionTiles community forum.

1 Like

Was looking at migrating today, with the SMH issues today and my alarm going off I’m thinking there is still an alarm going off I need to dismiss prior to migrating, the first question in the migration process says to disarm and dismiss…so…

With SHM broken ATM, I would definitely hold off on starting the migration, since it works that that data.

2 Likes

Hey, friend. ActionTiles has the following article on getting SHM working on the new SmartThings app in the ActionTiles interface:

https://support.actiontiles.com/knowledge-bases/8/articles/8170-how-to-use-new-smartthings-home-monitor-with-actiontiles

1 Like

I too was finally able to focus on doing the migration today, but seems like that would be too risky. Ugh!

Great, thanks… I will give it a try. By the way, has anyone gone through the migration to the new ST app when you were already using the new ST app? I was playing with the app to see if it was worth it and have it mostly loaded out. Just wondering if I migrate now would it cause duplications or problems in my new app?

The migration doesn’t affect your devices, and only changes a small subset of your account. See this for details:

After the migration you can continue to use the Classic app (until it is turned off), with the restrictions noted in that post.

Best recommendation is to install the new app, login and see how your devices are working. Some that use custom devices may not show all capabilities at this point. You can use both apps at same time.

Cool… Thank you. Hitting the migrate button now.

You might not want to yet!

OK… but what is the symptom with that problem? SHM is not working in the classic app either.

With SHM broken, I’d be concerned that the migration will have even more problems than it already causes, since it uses the SHM data in the migration.
https://community.smartthings.com/search?q=tags%3Amigration2020

Hmmm… so my options are to stay with ST Classic app and not be able to arm my system or take my chances with the migration… Either way, thank you jlv John as you have been a wealth of information and have given me a lot to think about.

1 Like