Unable to load your Favorites

Perhaps this is there way of saying the Classic App is done… Down 3+ days now!!

Broken for me for days too. Android with no ios available.
The web IDE is also broken. When I click " List Favorites" for my hub I get “An error occurred fetching favorites for this location”.
I emailed support.

1 Like

Same issue here on S8 for the classic app… I also have the new Smartthings Connect app installed and was able to add favorites to/with it. So perhaps they are transitioning?

Favorites are working after I updated the classic mobile app to the newest June release.

It has been a week since favorites doesn’t work in the classic app or the IDE for me. It seems to have started the same day of the latest update to the new app 7 days ago. Has anybody seen at least some official announcement that they won’t support this in the classic app anymore.

1 Like

It is not limited to android.

Thanks for the update.

Yep my app favorites has been down for about a week too, tried obvious stuff delete cache/data etc.

Got a reply from Samsung saying they are aware of issue and they are working on it. Can’t figure out why it is taking so long. Madness

1 Like

It’s issues like this that go unresolved for weeks or months that make me think that Samsung isn’t serous about SmartThings or home automation at all. Not have favorites on the main screen makes the app virtually useless IMO.

2 Likes

They resolved it on the iOS side. Update the Classic app to restore Favorites.

OVER 2 WEEKS. Still broken.

The app is virtually useless to me - I have too many devices to use the ‘My Home’ section. My wife and kids have given up completely.

Somebody asked me today if he should use SmartThings. Any guesses what I told him?

There’s no excuse for this level of shoddy support.

This is very simple, this affects ppl with many devices and more than likely many favorites, in other words, they got your $$ already - there is no rush or need to fix. Their focus is on a new market = more $$.

This impacts users with 25+ favorites. As of this week, the list of favorites will load in the IDE but it is still an issue in the Classic app. A fix for the app will likely require an update to the Classic app which will hopefully happen soon.

Edit:
Certainly not my intent to mislead. I was unaware of the issue deleting favorites from the IDE and apologize for the confusion.

Your statement " As of this week, the list of favorites will load in the IDE but it is still an issue in the Classic app. " is misleading to the point of being dishonest. It makes people think you can use the IDE for favorites or use the IDE to remove some favorites so the app won’t be completely useless.

WRONG!

You can LOAD the list of favorites but you CANNOT see what the current values are for them and you CANNOT delete them. When you try to delete the msg displayed is “An error occurred removing [device name] from favorites.”

But you didn’t actually lie - you did only write "the list of favorites will load in the IDE ".

Yes, the list does load.
But…
No, you cannot use it for anything whatsoever.

When I first read your reply I was initially peeved that even though I opened a support ticket nobody informed me that it was fixed. But now I realize that is because NOTHING IS FIXED!

Shoddy support taken to a new low!

2 Likes

I have fewer than 25 favorites and have had this issue for several weeks now as well. I don’t think they plan to fix this which really sucks.

As I reported previously, I was told by support to use an iOS device to remove some of my favorites. That did not work and when I reported this to support, the response was " It is a ‘possible’ workaround and not guaranteed, unfortunately. I am sorry it did not work for you."

In any event, a few weeks later I accidentally managed to access the Favorites in the iOS app. I immediately deleted most of my favorites and fortunately I’m now able to access them again. Once I was able to use them again, I realized how annoying it is not to have them.

As others have stated this workaround simply does not work. We just get a message that “an error has occurred.”

Does anyone at Samsung realize how frustrated and angry we are getting over this? Essentially we have all made a huge financial and time commitment to a system that can no longer be effectively controlled via the mobile app, which is one of the primarily purposes of having the system in the first place.

Why is this not fixed after weeks have gone by? Is it really that low of a priority?

I guess the view is that this system is really just a toy or novelty for some people and not really important. It’s really a shame because the community is really strong and very supportive here, but the products just aren’t ready for prime time or serious use.

Cheers.

1 Like

UNACCEPTABLE - I saw notification on Smartthings app being updated on Play Store, and my hopes were raised only to find out it is the new app that was being updated, while nothing on the getting this fixed - geez just upload a previous working version and pull the broken one, until resources finally start looking at this.

This has gone beyond ridiculous for those that are stuck on Classic (which side note is much better functionally laid out than the ‘pretty’ looking new app). I have never seen something so fundamentally necessary and broken take so long to fix.

1 Like