Unable to find "Routine Director" smartapp

Hi,

I was planning get to try out Tim Slagle’s Home Phrase Director smartapp when I noticed that it has been superseded by the published app Routine Director.

I can’t seem to find that app in my marketplace. I found a thread that mentioned it being missing but the discussion got a bit off track so I thought I would ask again.

I have seen people post screen shots of the marketplace on their phones that shoe the app, but it does not appear on mine!

Is it a location issue perhaps (I am in the UK)

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Mike

I’m not sure if this is the most recent version, but if it’s missing from your pre-installed smartapps, you can try to add it from github:

AArghhh!

I tried the version that you linked and it does install and seem to work.

However it still only accepts zipcodes! Any attempt to input something that is not a valid zipcode is rejected.

Unfortunately I set other things up before finding this out and I have deleted some of my old routines and I now need to try and get things back working again!

Does anyone know why I am not able to find the correct version of Routine Director which I was led to believe will accept a postcode rather than a zipcode? Or have I misunderstood somwhere along the line and it is just not possible for Smartapps to calculate sunset/rise without a US Zipcode?

Many thanks
Mike

Tagging Tim @slagle he may know more about this…

Fixed the issue locally for myself. Will be published in the next release cycle. I’ll check to see why it isn’t available in the UK.

1 Like

Tim,

Thanks - that’s great.

Any idea how long the release cycle takes? I would really like to get this working asap as I have made other changes anticipating that it would work!!

Many thanks
Mike

Can you fix it for Australia as well? I know were not official and all but we like technology too :wink:

I regularly get told off by the app for not having routine director installed from the market place.

About two weeks. But, here is some code that can get it working for you right away.

Should work for everyone.

1 Like

Tim,

Great! That works fine for me now!

Many thanks
Mike

1 Like

Is there a way to add an adjustment to the sunset/sunrise? I’m looking to switch to night modes 15 minutes before sundown and switch to day modes 15 minutes after sunrise. I guess I could try a zipcode that is about 15 minutes East of me, but that would only help my sundown and hurt my sunrise.

Routine director doesn’t let you enter a non US zip in still :frowning:

Is anyone else having issues with Routine Director? The app carried over when I migrated to the new app, however it only lets me select Routines (Scenes) that were created with the old app. In fact, it still shows Routines that I’ve deleted recently.

I removed Routine Director, and went to install it, but it’s not hosted by SmartThings anymore? Installed a version on GitHub from 2015.

Speaking of which, I can’t seem to edit my old imported routines/scenes. I can only copy them, then delete the original. I was cool with that until I realized that I can’t use Routine Director with any of my new scenes.