Unable to dismiss incident in the app and missing notifications

Thanks agus and folks for the tip!!

I have my system less than 24 hrs. Exact same thing happened. The uninstall / reinstall worked for me.

Same issue. Seems like we backed the wrong company since support is NON-EXISTENT!

1 Like

Well, this is a bit frustrating – I had this issue, then followed the suggestions to remove and re-set-up the Security app, and it worked – but now it’s happened again. Do I need to do this every few days? This is a pretty nasty problem.

Thank you. This worked for me.

Wow! For me this issue is serious, I am having second doubts on using smartthings for security, to ask user to uninstall and reinstall to make security fully functional is a serious problem. You can’t expect the non techie wife and kids to fix this. This is making smartthings more for geeks rather than mainstream audience. This should be addressed by support.

I know this is an old topic but i recently ran in to this issue and followed the steps above and i’m still getting the error. Can anyone help me out?

I’ve been getting text messages every hour for the last 123 hours… Unable to clear it, can’t see it either. Uninstall and reinstall don’t work. Just keep getting that text every hour. Any ideas?

Is it possible you set up Smart Home Monitor in the new SmartThings app and are trying to dismiss from the Classic app?

1 Like

SHM in the new app sends SMS text messages?

It’s set up in both, but text messages are not enabled. I have nothing to clear on either of the apps.

No, just push notifications but SHM in the new and Classic apps aren’t synced. So it’d really be the opposite situation, set up in Classic (with an SMS) and attempting to dismiss in the new app.

In the classic app, when I go to automation>smart apps>SHM I get an error screen.

I’m also able to dismiss alerts, but there’s still this SMS being sent every hour. At this point the sensor name in the SMS does not match with any of my current sensors names.