Unable to Disarm Smart Home Monitor

I was brave last night and reinstalled Smart Home Monitor thinking it had to be fixed. Tickets to support were never answered or acknowledged when I sent them in over a month ago.

So today we leave for the store, all looks well with SHM and the system arms itself. Then when we get home, we see the system disarm when we perform “I’m back”. But by the time we get inside the house it’s already armed itself again and we set the alarm off.

We get the siren off and think it’s disarmed and sure enough it rearms over and over and over again. It was horrible. I got told finally “rip it out”. Smartthings was once loved and we told everyone how great it was. Now the core feature of the new hub has been broken for awhile and it’s viewed in our house as junk. so frustrating!

1 Like

We are in the same boat!! I was told it had been fixed…worked for a few days and than again alarms and alerts that kept going off and we could not disarm. The core reason I bought SmartThings and it has been Junk. We are about ready to get rid of it too. We even tried FranklinMex’s solution of logging on and it didn’t work. Neither did switching to SmartAlarm. So frustrating and lack of communication from SmartThings Support. I don’t know what to do anymore.

1 Like

I did uninstall Smart Home Monitor and just used Smart Alarm and it’s working now. I emailed support and still waiting for an answer…the first time I emailed they said it was a critical bug they were working and the recommended I remove the alarms until they notified me it was fixed so it did not bother me. Now nothing and no one contacting me on either request for help. It’s so frustrating because I bought hub v2 and recommended smartthings to so many people – now I feel let down with no support and a buggy system.

I still have had pretty good luck since my original problems. The one thing I don’t use is “Away” mode – I have had too many issues with presence detection that I don’t trust it to properly arm when I am away and disarm when I am not. Instead I just have regular notifications setup for external doors based on mode.

The one thing I have been thinking about is how they are trying to monetize the SHM with Scout, camera support, etc. Who is planning on paying monthly for professional monitoring for a system that falsely triggers all the time?

I’m having this issue today, I’m unable to disarm Smart Home Monitor. I had to go in and remove the sensors from the arming mode so that it wouldn’t set off the alarm when I entered my house. (Odd that it would let me re-program the settings but not trigger a disarm. It just spins and spins on the disarm button. Force-closing the app and trying again doesn’t solve anything.

I entered a support ticket, not sure if that will accomplish anything.

I am stuck in Arm (Stay) as well. Trying a hard reboot of the Hub…

UPDATE: online says I am Disarmed, but Android App still showing Arm (stay). If I press Disarm, the icon just keeps spinning and never stops, without any activity in the Live Logging (that really helps!)

Update: I was able to get SHM “reset” by deleting everything in my SHM setup then starting the setup over and once completed, I have Disarm status on the Android App.

Then, I tested and I was able to run a routine to switch to Arm (Stay) and then another routine to switch back to Disarm.

YMMV, but good luck!

Had this issue this morning. Sent a note to support but haven’t heard back yet.

Fix for me was to remove SMH security configs and re add. Seems to work again now.

I ran into this issue where Smart Home Monitor was stuck on “ARM (AWAY)”. Clicking DISARM did not work. I was able to click “ARM (STAY)” then “DISARM”.

In case ST is monitoring this thread, here’s the error I received under “Monitoring Rule” alert:

87e4c396-c279-4ae4-af2b-96ba6f17567b 10:49:21 AM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14535094714091673522614.getSecurityFeatures() is applicable for argument types: () values: @ line 969

1 Like

DISARM is not working anymore.
I open my front door in the mornings now and I get “intruder alerts”! !
Good Morning no longer initiates Disarm.

I updated the Android app a few days ago, not sure if that’s connected to the problem.

Keep clicking Done when setting this up until it dumps you back into the dashboard. Otherwise it installs wrong.

SHM seems to have been fixed, though without a delay feature, we get false alarms every time our presence is not detected. For this reason I have been using Smart Alarm. However, over the last week or two, Smart Alarm has stopped disarming on mode changes. Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms? I emailed support, but as always, I’m still awaiting a response.

My SHM is back to being frozen on Disarm, despite showing the armed status online…sigh

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Thought it might just be me but now that I know someone else has the same issue, I’ll open a ticket.

Support request #194391: SHM broken again

Whats the difference between SHM and Smart Home alarm? Add me to the list my presence sensor is set through Life 360 because the ST native presence was so bad. Today however “I am Back” never fired even though Life 360 recongnized me as returning home. Therefore when I entered the house my open/close sensor trips SHM creating a false alarm.

So frustrating, SHM monitor constantly is suffering from these kind of issues. Support has been of no help.

@csuk Anyone from your side have any ideas to fix this or help me troubleshoot?

SHM is SmartThings “official” security app, while Smart Alarm is a third party smart app that has similar functionality. Smart Alarm has some extra features that are very handy when it’s functioning properly (like a delay that more closely resembles a traditional alarm with keypad mounted on your wall).

SmartThings’ response to my support request is that a new server is being released that “will hopefully alleviate the misfires such as this.” I’m not holding my breath.

Did they give you an apprx date? Also I assume if you have Smart Alarm you erase SHM?

Please make sure to let support know that this is happening to you guys!

I’m not quite sure what happened, but we have found that it can sometimes be helpful to uninstall and re-install the Smart Home Monitor Solution Module. I understand that this can be painful if you have a lot of custom rules, but I’m afraid I don’t know of any quick fixes at the moment.

Contact support first, though! They might have a better idea of what’s happening.

Thank God I’m not the only one, it just started today. Both my phone (Android) and my wife’s phone (iphone) shows that SHM is disarmed but the system is activated. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, removing and readding SHM security section and rebooting both my internet and smart hub but nothing worked so far.

If you have a aeon siren connected to your SHM security that was what was causung my issue. I read on another thread that it was causing problems I removed it from my SHM security and resetup the security section now it works fine.