Unable to connect to KS8000

Yes my old bravia had one always on, it was for displaying pics on standby mode, thx for the info! Just checked my 8 Series '17 and u r right no usb power passthrough when off. No wonder my ir repeater was wonky!

it’s now been 6 months since they broke connection to our TV’s. Stil no update other than “we’re working on it.” I don’t think they are working on it or it would be fixed already. But now they gave smartthings a new logo to match samsung connect. Wonder how long it took to work on that?!

3 Likes

I think we’re not too far away now. This is very likely to get fixed with the Q1 revamp, although I’m disappointed that we had to wait so long. Clearly it wasn’t really that much of a priority.

3 Likes

I saw this in my live logs, still unable to add via ST discovery but promising.

“Found [TV] Samsung 8 Series (55) (UN55KS800D by Samsung Electronics)”

2 Likes

Not holding my breath

2 Likes

What’s the joke here Samsung??? You just blatantly ignore your customers for months on end. Come on give us some answers - we’ve paid a lot of good money for your products. If this is the customer service I can expect in the future, I’m saving my money next time and getting an LG.

1 Like

LOL. You’ll just get the same canned response as someone posted earlier. “We’re working on it.” Which is probably BS because now, I bet it’s “all hands on deck” to try to keep this new migration from being a massive failure.

Check out the video at 1:54 minutes. They state and show on the Samsung TV Sceen BixBi working with SmartThings.

1 Like

I was able to connect the TV with the new Smartthings app, but, to connect the hub I need to factory reset it. Kinda of a bad joke…

Are you talking about the SmartThings Classic app or the New Samsung SmartThings (Connect) app? If you are still using the classic app, your TV will not show there. If you have signed your TV into the account using the same e-mail and password from the Classic SmartThings, than it will show up only in the new app. Read the other thread on this.

Guys - a few of you have mentioned the harmony integration as a workaround to this problem but that does not allow notifications to be displayed on the tv screen (eg, front door is open) that are triggered from other things connected to ST…or does it?

Ok so I finally received the update account banner on the Smartthings classic app. The whole process went perfectly. All smart apps and device handlers transferred. I tested out the new connect app to try and discover the TV - still not working.

I then downloaded the latest firmware 1220 (online only at this point) - tried to discover again (auto and manual) in the new Connect app - still not working.

Any suggestions? I’m still up and running with Harmony but I want native support

1 Like

My suggestion is don’t buy samsung TVs if you want native support for smartthings. The TV side doesn’t seem to care that they broke integration. Samsung TV side has terrible support

It’s Bluetooth now I think, make sure you’re close enough.

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s bluetooth. It’s a network connection

It will not use Bluetooth for data. It will be used to locate the device and create a handshake.

1 Like

I had Bluetooth enabled.

I received an email from Samsung support that they could see my tv attached to another account. Not sure how but they are working on it. Must be a migration issue.

1 Like

I can tell you why.

When you got the TV in your home and set it up, you signed into the SmartHub on the TV with your SmartThings Email. At this point, you unknowingly created a Samsung Connected account. Now you have have two accounts; the SmartThings Classic account and the Samsung Connect account with same e-mail id. Don’t worry, as soon as the complete your migration, your ST hub and your Samsung TV will be on one account.

2 Likes

I think you’re exactly correct. Thanks

I just reset my smart hub and then ran setup from scratch. Once it finished and I logged in with my samsung account the TV appeared in the new Connect App