Unabe to Add Motion Sensor After Delete

Hi,

I have a Samsung IM6001 motion sensor that got stuck on monitoring motion today.

I removed the device from the app, changed the battery and reset it with a paperclip.

The usual green and red blinking light comes up for pairing, and when I scan for it the led lights green for a few seconds to indicate its paired but it never appears in the app.

I have checked the IDE and its not shown there, either when it is in pairing mode (looking for ghost device), or when it looks like it is successfully paired.

Any suggestions on what I could try next?

Thanks

Hey there! @Wayne_Myers, I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with onboarding your Smart Things Motion Sensor using the Nearby Scan option.

Have you also tried adding the device by its model code in the search bar? Device Tab> (+)Add Device > Search bar> IM6001. What about onboarding the Motion Sensor by the Smart Things Brand?

Additionally, I wanted to provide you with the Connect Button reset steps to ensure the device was reset:

1. Hold the Connect button for 5 seconds, and release the button when the LED on the front starts blinking red (Zigbee devices) or blinking Green for SmartThings Wifi Plugs.
    Motion Sensors: The connect button is on the back of the device in a recessed pinhole:

2. Once the device has been reset, the LED will begin to blink green and red (Zigbee) or green (Wifi), indicating it is attempting to connect.

If the symptom persists after trying the above troubleshooting steps, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell