Uk zigbee light switch repeater?

(Mike Guest) #1

Situation: I’m trying to put a ST door/temp switch into the back of my garage. It keeps going offline. Reorienting the ST hub has helped a little, but not sufficiently. Ergo, i suspect I need a repeater

The best place for a repeater would be in the front of the garage, i suspect. The interesting thing is I currently have a manual light switch in the garage, and would be amenable to replacing it with a zigbee based switch that could do both jobs. Downside is that it’s wired typically for the UK with a live loop and no neutral. It’s possible I could pull a neutral through, but it wouldn’t be easy

What are my options for doing this as cheaply as possible? Minimum requirements is a reliable mesh extension. Best case scenario is an easy switch replacement that does everything. Happy to entertain all suggestions in between

Many thanks in advance

(Andy - United Kingdom) #2

@Mike_Guest
Does it have to be an ST sensor?
Do you need a contact or temperature or both?
Repeating zigbee in the uk means an ST outlet (currently no stock anywhere) or a homebrew repeater.

If you can use z-wave however, there are lots of repeating options.

Andy

(Mike Guest) #3

I already have the ST sensor installed. I wanted both contact and temp, as the back of the garage is my study and I want to use the temp sensor to decide whether to turn the fan heater on out there or not in the mornings, plus I wanted a security alert if the door opens

Thanks

Very seems to have them in stock.

But I’d go for the significantly cheaper Amazon option. It says available in 2-4 weeks but I got mine delivered in 5 days.

(Andy - United Kingdom) #5

@Paralytic
Thanks for the info,
I didn’t realise they were back in stock anywhere.

@Mike_Guest this is your answer.
Although it’s a socket, it also is a repeater.

I’ve just ordered two to increase my mesh a little

Andy

(Mike Guest) #6

Thanks all. If that’s the best/easiest solution then i’ll order one and see how it goes.

I have no need of a remote control socket in the garage at present, but you never know when it’ll come in handy