UK Light switches – My experiences (2020)

Thanks guy’s

I’ve not had a chance to take a look at it again today.

@Impey I don’t suppose your switches Raw data shows a 0003 for it’s inCluster? It looks like most switches have that but mine doesn’t. The manufacturer code seems to be different too so Yagusmart may be selling different models.

Hi

I’ve bought one but once integrated with ST it turns off after 2 mins?

Did you buy a yagusmart hub?

@stu458fjmf the raw description shows this:
01 0104 0100 00 04 0000 0004 0005 0006 01 0019

@Mark_Brown1 no, I just use the ST hub.

Thanks…just spotted in the thread that there’s a controller to use so will try that today.

Tried the w35l3y/zigbee controller but that didn’t resolve it.

I then deleted…re-scanned…changed the type to ZeeBee Multi Switch Power.

It brough it in two devices. One of them acts as a socket and no longer switches off…the other is a smart switch but doesn’t do anything. If I delete it, it removes the socket device that does work.

However, it does seem to go offline and doesn’t come back until I go into it (via ST).

Ill monitor and see how the automations/scenes get on with it later on.

@Mark_Brown1, I saw your other post in a different topic. Could you post a link what device you actually have?

The behaviour what you experience sounds weird. You wouldn’t need the Yagusmart hub to control it as it is a zigbee device, but there could be manufacturer specific (proprietary) settings available through their software/hub.

A screenshot from the IDE would help to identify things as well.

Otherwise, I would try to reset the switch and use it without SmartThings for a while to see how it behaves without a central controller.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

There are a few of us with the same issues, all of the device handlers work with the switch including the generic Zigbee Multi Switch device type but the 2 minute issue remains, this doesn’t seem to be an issue for people who had the Yagusmart 2 Gang switch up and running a few months back.

The Device manufacturer listed seems to be the only difference that is visible, I have three theories as to the issue.

1. Different components used in the switch currently being sold by Yagusmart on Amazon uk
  2. Some functional difference between the device being added to smartthings using the new app versus the classic app.
  3. The node type being a sleepy end device as opposed to a router - this is due to the lack of a neutral and may make it behave like a battery powered device and enter a sleep mode (I am torn on this one as others have their switch working correctly)

Hi there,

That’s an interesting observation. But I have a very different experience with the cons, apart from clicking :slight_smile:
I have Xiaomi Gateway, where I connected my Aqara switches and it is integrated with HomeAssistant.
Apart from the initial connectivity to the Gateway - there is no dependency on the cloud. Home Assistant interact with the gateway over LAN and it works perfectly well even without the Internet.

As for the two way operation - I’ve added logical Aqara switches, so they can control a wired switch where need. I got to excited with the stairs, so now it has 3way switch :slight_smile:

Also, you can do actions on double clicks, clicks on both and more.

Really happy with them for the last 2 years.

1 Like

Hi GSzabados

The Yagusmart switches are designed to be used with the TUYA Zigbee hub and setup via the SmartLife app.

The Switch can be added as a Zigbee Multi Switch but turns off after 2 minutes, the logs just state switch “off” without any error message.

Any insight would be appreciated.

also - It’s worth mentioning that these are non neutral switches.

@GSzabados I have the single gang switch

Amazon Yagusmart Zigbee Smart Well Light Switch

Its been working for the past few hours as a Ziggbee Multi switch Power and they stay on. The issue now is they go offline so im not convinced they will work with my automation rules.

Heres the device in the ide:

Thanks @stu458fjmf

As a ZigBee Multi Switch Power, it does work without the 2 minute switch off.

1 Like

Excellent, I’ll give that a try later.

If they are Zigbee devices, they have to work with any Zigbee controller according the Zigbee specs.

And the seller wants to sell their own Hubs, so it pushes everybody to buy it.

Honestly, this is the first time that I hear about this issue. I’ve seen similar with some Z-wave devices but over there the DH was causing it. That’s why I suggested to remove it from the Hub and reset it, and use as a dumb switch to rule out that is a DH/Hub issue. All these devices should function without a central controller like a normal switch, if not then there are serious issues with the device…

1 Like

I’ve had one of these switches for the last 3 months and it’s been working absolutely fine.
I have the single switch version and paired it in the new app had no problems, so either device is defective or you have a rule turning it off you don’t know about sorry if this isn’t very helpful just thought I’d say they do work.

I have just ordered a new single switch from amazon a couple of days ago, so give me a couple of weeks and I will let you know if it works or not, but am a bit worried that it will not, as they seem slightly different from the ones I bought during lockdown (which work flawlessly).

Hi Mark,

I have one of the single Gang switches and it works fine with the standard “Zigbee Switch” type, I tried the “Zigbee Multi Switch Power” type with my 2 Gang and it works with one of the switches and remains on past the 2 minute mark, however it doesn’t create a child device so the second switch doesn’t work.

Does anyone know if we are able to access the Device Handler for the standard types in the IDE? I can only see and example for “Zigbee Switch” and “Zigbee Switch Power” I’d like to take a look at the code and compare the code between the “Zigbee Multi Switch” that creates a child but turns off after 2 minutes and “Zigbee Multi Switch Power” that stays on but doesn’t create a child… maybe the power monitoring process keeps it active?

Update:

Lights turning off/on via automations without issue last night, so all good.

So Zigbee Multi Switch Power is the device type for the Yagusmart and no additional device handler required.

1 Like

Amazing news. Glad it started working for you :+1::+1::+1:

My Yagusmart Single Switch arrived today, and as expected, it turns off after 2mins, no matter what I set it as :frowning:

Out of interest, is this 2 gang switch the one with circle buttons next to one another horizontally?