UK Doorbell - Without ongoing subscription

Does anyone know of a video doorbell available in the UK that has the following features? : -

HD Video recording (preferably to cloud)
No requirement for an ongoing subscription (ala ‘Ring’ and ‘Ring Pro’)

I have seen the Skybell HD which I liked the look of but it doesn’t appear available in the uk.

The SkyBell is available at Amazon.co.uk.

I really much enjoy it but it’s only mains powered… And i don’t have mains to the door frame :frowning:

Skybell has no HD recording. Skybell HD isn’t available on Amazon UK.

I really like my Doorbird D101. It does have cloud video for a subscription (otherwise free gives you still images on door press or motion only), but it allows the video to be streamed via http so if you have a server or NAS capable, you can pull the feed into something like ispyconnect.com. In theory it should work with a custom Smartthings device handler for video, so you might be able to trigger your own video capture events via the Smartthings hub?

Most importantly the connection can be via PoE so the response time and connection stability is rock solid.

The API is also quite simple to link to an IFTTT maker applet to handle door press events, etc.

Robin, this sounds interesting, but you might have just broken my brain :wink:

Any chance you could offer a little more detail? I’m still a novice and unsure what I would need. Could you link any products and explain how they fit together?

When you say IP Camera, does that mean that I need a cable to it or can I get a wifi one?
How does the camera know to record when the doorbell is pressed or motion is detected at the door? And can it only do so when SHM is set to 'armed?

Thank you.

Thanks for the explanation. I think Blue Iris is not for me… I don’t have a computer that I can / wish to leave running constantly. I think I need a cloud based setup.