Two people, two phones, V2 Hub - How?

Hi!

I just got my V2 Hub in yesterday, and I finally got it working. My girlfriend connected to it via her account, but how do I connect my account, so the Hub know that we are two people living in the house, so it can begin to actually automate stuff?

I see no option for “Add fmaily member”, and at best I get a error message on her phone.

Is there an easy way to set up a family situation and start using the smarter things of the Hub?

Not available at thie time ST is working on it.

top men are working on it, top men.

2 Likes

I’m chasing the same issue… I don’t really care about the app on all phones, I care about the phone being setup as presence detector…

I was having the same issue too until I found out here that the feature wasn’t working. This is some basic functionality that I’m surprised ST would release without. I emailed tech support and they said the same thing, they are working on it.I hope that this feature makes it in the next update.

1 Like

Just got off chat with support and was told that a new firewall version is coming out next week that should enable this feature again.

If you don’t mind could you elaborate a bit on what you found out. I’m totally new to ST, so I’m not sure what you meant by a “firewall version”. And is it that they are close to making it so there are two users or is it that you can add a second phone as new presence detector?

HA, I meant to say a firmware version. When I got on chat I mentioned that I was trying to enable presences for my wifes phone I just wanted to how to. The person I was chatting with stated that it has been disabled and that a firmware was being released that would put that functionality back.

Sorry for the mix up!

Luis

I’m running Version 2.0.4 on my IOS. Does anyone have a different version installed? I updated the app yesterday. I still cannot add my wife’s phone as a presence sensor without the error.

From what I understand they need to release an app update to fix the error. It is in the end stages of development and near release. They have not given a timeline but the fact there are updates coming from developers means it has got to be close.

Adding a new User in app v2

It’s been more that two weeks from your post. How duo I upgrade the firmware. The option to have two users is essential, there are some functions that don’t behave logically if there is no way to let the hub know that a trusted person is in the house so there is no reason to trigger changes on a door sensor or movement sensor.

No update as of yet. We are all waiting for this one. I am pretty sure it will get posted all over the forum once it’s out. You won’t miss it.

This post is over two years old. Am I to understand it is still an issue. My wife and I received a SmartThings Starter kit as a Christmas gift and I have been unable to connect to it with both of our phones. If Samsung can’t fix this after two years I have serious doubts about their ability/desire to fix future issues. I will have to see about returning this and buying something else that does work.

Check here: