Turn something on for set time?

I have connected both my heating and hot water to ST, by connecting a couple of Fibaro dual relay to my existing clock/timer.

I want to setup a routine, to be able to boost the heating or hot water, i.e. Turn heating on for 1 hour, or boost hot water.

I have both searched and played around with various apps, but I cannot find a way to trigger the turning on of a switch and turn it off again after X mins.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

CoRE or smart lighting should do what you want.
Smart Lighting is the simplest to use.

CoRE looks like it will, thanks.

There are several different ways to do this, but one of the easiest is to use the power allowance feature.

There are two different ways to use power allowance.

In one, you always limit a specific device to a specific amount of time. That was the original use of power allowance and that is how the official features usually assume that it will be used. You can use the official smart lighting featured to apply this.

The other way is to set up a virtual timer and apply power allowance to the virtual timer, then have the actual physical device follow the virtual timer so that it turns on when the virtual timer turns on and turns off when the virtual timer turns off. This approach has the advantage of letting you use other methods for controlling the physical device as well, for example if you just toggle it in the things List in the SmartThings mobile app then it would stay on until you turned it off again. If you toggle the virtual timer instead, then it would come on for that amount of time and turn off again. So it just gives you more options. :sunglasses:

There is a how to article in the community – created wiki on setting up a virtual timer if you want to go that way:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_create_a_virtual_timer_for_a_light

You can also do this with core, but I think it would be overkill for the use case you describe: