[RESOLVED] TTS Not working (May 2016)

Add me to the list also. At least I’m getting a notice from big talker saying that It can’t make the announcement
Oh no I just noticed talking alarm clock doesn’t work either. That’s it, I’m not going to work tomorrow…

3 Likes

Just make sure you call your boss now and let him/her know that ST is screwed up and you won’t be able to wake up on time. Cover your basis.

2 Likes

Maybe they stopped paying for evona, that’s a mighty ugly error…

3 Likes

Same issue here… No TTS since yesterday. @jody.albritton @slagle … Is this a planned activity ?

2 Likes

Having the same issue here.

Not that I am aware of, I will check into this @ashutosh1982

2 Likes

Same issue here as well.

So support told me to reboot the hub and run a z-wave repair… I am not at home, has a reboot helped?

Hey Dawn,

Thanks for the reaching out, and I’m sorry for the trouble. I’m going to first recommend rebooting your Hub, and running a Z-wave network repair.

???, well that makes a ton of sense, since when is a zwave repair going to help with a platform issue…
I just don’t understand this, If a multitude of folks are having issues with TTS, wouldn’t the service desk test a TTS message on their internal system before telling users to go off and do random nonsense?
It’s starting to remind me of the first thing ISP level one SD folks tell you, reboot your router…

4 Likes

They are first level! Reboot your router is part of the directions for the 2nd contact attempt…

My favorite: you’re on an online web chat support session, and they tell you to reboot your router…

5 Likes

The only response I had so far was to say it was a custom code issue. They haven’t responded to the ST stock app logs I sent that generate the same error.

1 Like

They appear to know about it. I got this response from support within the hour to a trouble ticket I opened:
“I’ll get this ticket attached to the fix our engineers are working on and let you know as soon as it goes out!”

1 Like

I think that part is their favorite too. Problem resolved, customer left the chat, closing ticket.

2 Likes

I had this this week with Comcast! :flushed:

2 Likes

yea… made no since to me either, however at this point I am ready to stand on my head with my hair on fire while throwing chicken bones at it if I could get my @MichaelS Talking Alarm Clock back :anguished:

1 Like

TTS didn’t work for me either this morning :frowning:

did you run a zwave repair after rebooting your hub?, I’ve heard that’s the solution… :thumbsdown:

2 Likes

I’m so tempted to mark this as the solution to the thread.

3 Likes

I put on a foil hat and now I don’t hear any of the voices…that is good, right?

4 Likes