Trying to Understand the ST Smart Home Monitor Dashboard re Temperature

I’m trying to understand why some things are displayed in the Smart Home Monitor dashboard and others not.

For simplicity and testing, I have a hub that has only one device connected, a ST Water Leak Sensor. After the sensor connected without issue, I went to the Smart Home Monitor Dashboard and using the Setup menu, designed a push and sms notification for a leak. This notification fires as designed when the probes get wet.

At this point, when I view the Smart Home Monitor Dashboard, it has an entry for “Leaks” that displays appropriately, either showing “ok” or showing a leak.

I then went back into the Setup menu and configured a 2nd rule (via custom) for temperature with a push and sms notification for when the temperature drops below a certain point. This notification also fires as designed when the temperature drops below the threshold.

My question is why I don’t see a 2nd entry for the temperature rule when I return to the Smart Home Monitor Dashboard. I have 2 rules, both working properly. I see the status entry for the “Leak” rule, and I would expect to see a status entry for the “Temperature” rule as well, but I don’t.

Why do I have a status entry for one but not the other? The notifications work and I know I can go the the individual device via the My Home tab, but it seems to be that there ought to be a status entry for each rule in the Smart Home Monitor.

I think it has to do with how it is currently coded / designed.

The Right Now overview shows you information for the three main alerts of Security, Smoke, Leak.

Any custom alerts such as the ones I have with Presence aren’t currently included. Why I cannot say but it is how it is now as you have noted.

1 Like

Yes… Half-Baked!

Ba dum Bum

I’d really like to see custom monitoring rules on the home screen. Hopefully this will be added in the future. Thanks for the answer on this.

1 Like