Troubleshooting unwanted beep / chirp from Zen Thermostat

I have a Zen Thermostat connected to my SmartThings home system. Below is some info on my hub:

Hardware Version: hub v1.1, US customer
Firmware Version: 000.013.00013

My Zen Thermostat has been connected to the hub and functioned as expected for almost two years.

Two days ago I was receiving a battery error via the mobile app. I replaced the batteries on the Zen Thermostat. The thermostat continued to function correctly and it interfaced with SmartThings as expected.

Shortly after this, the screen of the thermostat started to randomly turn on and make a beeping noise. It only does this when it is connected to my smartthings hub. For example, when I disconnect it from SmartThings, the problem goes away. I replaced the batteries on the thermostat and factory reset the device.

This is not the first time this problem has occurred. It occurred in August 2017 and somehow I was able to solve the problem. I have no idea how I was able to do it.

Back in August I contacted Zen and they told me that since the device doesn’t do this when it is not connected to Smartthings, that I needed to work with Smartthings to solve the problem. Below is a historical record of my text chat with Smartthings:

As you will notice, we troubleshooted a variety of issues without success.

Does anyone have any experience with a simular issue and able to help troubleshoot?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Bumping the post. The problem still exists. Has anyone else experienced this?