Trouble with Sylvania Osram Lightify RGBW bulbs not staying connected

I don’t know if it’s only this type of bulb, but those are what I am having trouble with now. I have two of them connected. They work fine for a while, but then become unreliable. Sometimes turning the power to the light off and back on again would get it working, but recently not.

I went so far as to remove the bulb in the living room from SmartThings, reset it, then add it back. It worked for the rest of that day, but is not working again this morning, even if I power cycle it. The bulb downstairs has been being flaky in a similar manner for longer than that.

Does anyone know what is going on or has seen similar behavior? I don’t understand why it worked well for a long time, then started giving me problems.

Lots of complaints along these lines with many different kinds of devices and different protocols in the last few weeks, but I don’t know if they’re related to each other or not:

I have a few of these, and it seems like every other backend update there is issue. Then they update again, and then they are great. Then they update again and turn on automagically and randomly disconnect. Still cost investment VS Hue, I’ll deal.

Do wish ST would check with me on every update on how the Osram’s do lol.

1 Like

Try changing the channel on your router.

I had a ton of issues with my zigbee devices until I change the channel on my router and they’ve worked flawlessly for more than 6 months.

To be honest, I’m coming to the conclusion that the Osram Lightify bulbs are more hassle than they’re worth.

I’ve just bought myself a hue starter kit which comes with the bridge and 2 bulbs for £50. Any additional bulb will be £15. I can cope with that - especially when I only intend on having a few smart bulbs.

Fibaro Dimmer 2 > Smart Bulbs

1 Like

Channels are already taken care of. All my other zigbee’s are fine, except my Keen vents, but their issue is the batteries get suck and loose contact