Trouble with setting up local devices and connecting to hub

I’m new to SmartThings and home automation so I’ve been on the forums, Youtube, and running through trial and error. I’ve added 20 devices to SmartThings, but only 1 of them is running local (A virtual switch). Most of my devices are Aqara sensors, Govee light strips, and Sengled wifi light bulbs. As I continue to look at other home automation setups, I see some of the same devices I use running locally, which is what I would like to do for stability purposes.

Additionally, 3 of my 20 devices are registered on the SmartThings Hub when I log into the SmartThings API. If I try and edit the device and manually change it to run off the hub, I get an error message,
“Access Denied, We’re sorry, but you are not authorized to perform the requested operation”

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix my device connections?

My hub version is V3 US
Firmware 000.044.00009

Thank you in advance.

EBF

Actually, you are doing better than you think. Any of the devices that show Placeholder for the device type are using Edge Drivers or cloud-to-cloud integrations for linked services such as TP-Link Kasa. While they show as cloud in IDE, they are really running local on the hub. iDE was basically for the old Groovy side of the legacy platform and Edge drivers which are part of the new architecture don’t fully display there. iDe and Groovy will be phased out on September 30, 2022.

You can’t edit Edge devices in IDE.

1 Like

Oops, looks like they adjusted the date. I am behind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is en Edge Driver for Aqara that you can check out…

Jkp,
Thank you for the quick response. I knew I had edge drivers attached but I suspected it would still show as running from the hub. The fact that I couldn’t assign it to my hub had me thinking something was wrong. My automations seem a bit slow to activate. Looks like it might be related to another problem.

Again, thank you for the feedback and associated links of information. I appreciate you.

EBF