Treatlife and Wiz No Longer Connecting (Nov 2023)

Hello,

I’m new to the forum (but not to using SmartThings).

This evening I was disappointed that my outside lights did not activate upon returning home. I figured someone in the house must have shut off the light switch, however this was not the case.

It appears that both Treat Life and Wiz are not connecting with the SmartThings. I have tried unlinking the accounts and then reconnecting them, however when I do this SmartThings says there is a server error and that no devices can be found.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of issue? Can it be resolved?

Thanks,

Contact ST support and open a support ticket :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem with my Treat Life wall light switches. Since last night (11/21) when I try to use them in Smartthings I get a message that there is a server error and to try again later. They work in the Treat Life app and they can be controlled in my Alexa app and through Alexa voice commands. But nothing works in Smartthings.

Tagging @AlejandroPadilla : partner connection error

Hi @Fesnor @DaleJH66

If you try again and share with me the time/date and your time zone I can check what is happening on the side of SmartThings I also will need support access to your account.

However, if the issue is on Treatlife and Wiz side, there is limited action I can take. In such cases, I recommend reaching out to their support for further investigation.

Support access steps

1. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM.
  2. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.
1 Like

Thanks @AlejandroPadilla

I have enabled the support access. I’m in Eastern Standard Time zone. I have tried multiple times throughout the day with unlinking and linking to TreatLife, but it still will not show the devices (4 smart bulbs). The TreatLife app shows and operates the devices, and I am able to control them through Google Home and its link with TreatLife.

Wiz appears to be working again, since this morning.

This started on November 21st, but as for time, the best I can say is sometime after 7:30 am.

I appreciate you and your team taking the time to look into this issue.

2 Likes

Same thing with my four TreatLife light bulbs. They just don’t respond to SmartThings app, but work fine TreatLife app. It’s been going on for a couple of days now.

For TreatLife I can see a discovery request at 5:35:19 (UTC) and and it failed, for the logs the error is on the TreatLife side, you can contact their support to check what has happened

For the Wiz I could not see any strange behavior I saw a lot of commands and no errors in the process

1 Like

The issue appears to now be resolved. If this was your work @AlejandroPadilla then it’s truly appreciated.

I had notified TreatLife as well. It was re-assuring to see others having the same issue.

But for now it appears fixed, so, hooray!

2 Likes

@Fesnor I’m happy to hear it

2 Likes