Training App - Learn how to program

@Adam Thanks for the info, glad it wasn’t just me! Now that multi-phone location services works I’m re-working my apps, but I’ll take another stab this week and pull in support if it’s still an issue. I didn’t want to bug them if no one else was experiencing this.

@Adam

Well my console is working properly now so ST must have updated something. Though I hit an error now when I try to list My Devices. Two steps forward… I submitted a Support tickete for that.

@chrisb I can’t find your extreme documentation efforts in the ide shared apps. And there is no search function.

Are these still available anywhere? I’m trying to learn as much as I can before the first smart app workshop on 8/6

They should still be there. Start a new app, then click the ‘Browse SmartApps’ button in the top right corner. Then click ‘Browse Shared SmartApps’ from the popup menu. The Wireless 3-way is in the Convenience section. The Nightlight program is in the Family section.

found them and reading them now. Thanks for doing these!

Just finished a new “extreme documentation” app. This one is called “Unlock when Garage Opens”

The App is designed to unlock a door when a garage door opens. It also will optionally relock the door always, or only if the door was unlocked by the app.

The App sends a push notification when it relocks the door. It can also optionally send a string to Ubi to speak the notification.

The App demonstrates how to use the enum input type, how to use nested if-statements, how to use runIn to schedules something to happen later, and how to build and send both push notifications as well as Ubi http request notifications.