Trådfri motion sensor

Hello. Got the Aeotec hub and some Trådfri lights. The lights are working fine but this motion sensor from Tråfri is a real pain in u know where… One time got it paired with no problems but now it stopped doing that. I deleted it couple of days a go because it’s not working. The app says motion detected but tried to create a routine that at night between 21-06 it turns one light on when movement and goes off when there’s no movement. Is this even possible and if it is, please tell me how?? Thanks.

Can you post a screenshot of the routine?

Yes just as soon i create it again… Funny that just as i posted this here, the pairing worked…

I know exactly where the Tradfri motion sensor is a pain. They are sneaky things. When you are in the house with them they are as good as gold. Leave the house and all of a sudden they can’t tell the difference between motion in the room and someone farting on the other side of the world (not as poetic as the flap of a butterfly’s wings, I grant you). Mind you I don’t normally struggle to pair them (just a case of ignoring the onboarding instructions in the app and doing a reset instead).

That said, I think we need to look at the routine. The fact you said ‘routine’ and not ‘routines’ might be of interest too.

I’ve had Ikea motion sensor above my front door for a year now. It’s been loyal servant so far. Only once changed batteries, they lasted about 9-10 months. And sensor is exposed to elements. Moisture, freezing temps down to -20°C, heat, but not direct sunlight and it has lasted very well so far. I’ve been impressed.

When the light comes on turn the switch to the off position then wait 5 to 7 seconds before turning it on again. The light should now be off and the motion detection unit reset.