TP Link Kasa Devices with new official integration (July 2019): reviews needed

This is probably too obvious, but have you checked in the Kasa app to make sure there’s no update pending for the device?

2 Likes

You are the man @JDRoberts! The Kasa app main screen didn’t show there were any updates for the plug, but I went into the settings screen under firmware, there was an update available for the plug. Once the device updated, it started syncing correctly. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve checked mine and there are no updates available.

Then you may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. That’s what I did also to make sure it wasn’t an app issue.

1 Like

The tplink Kasa app or the smartthings (new) app? I deleted and reinstalled the kasa app without any change.

Smart things V3 app

1 Like

Deleted and reinstalled smartthings and it didn’t work either.

Which device are you trying to control? I’m using the plug, model HS105, firmware 1.5.4. Maybe you’re device is not supported yet.

1 Like

Light switches mostly. Hs210 is what I’ve been testing.

Is there a list somewhere about which ones are and are not supported? I assumed all were.

You can find the list here…

I don’t see any switches. Just plugs and light bulbs.

That’s odd. Switches are there when selecting add devices and they do add to the system.

1 Like

Those are the ones that have been officially tested by the smartthings lab. The manufacturer has also self certified some additional models, which I would guess are probably waiting to go through lab testing.

Compatibility is always by model, not by brand. Many brands only have some models that are integrated with smartthings, even GE. :sunglasses:

WWST cert requires two way communication. So it makes sense that the switches add but are not listed on the WWST list if they don’t support callbacks.

1 Like

My understanding was that the integration was updated a couple of weeks ago to support callbacks on the wall switches, but maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like

it was updated, but maybe the devices need some kind of firmware upgraded? not sure really why one model would be WWST and another wouldn’t

That happens all the time because of the first rule of Home automation: “the model number matters.“ :wink:

Different models have different features. And might just not have been tested yet.

2 Likes

I have the HS210 and callbacks appear to be working. I can turn the light on/off via the Kasa app and the SmartThings app immediately sees it.

Are you running firmware 1.5.6?

3 Likes

ST 1.6.37-310
Kasa 2.16.0