TP-Link/Kasa Bulbs and Plugs Control (Old, Unofficial Integration)

If you are logging on through the SmartApp, your password manager does not work properly. You need to specifically enter the password (the system will remember it). As far as why your password is not working, I would be at a loss there beyond what you are already doing.

Suggestion: Open the logging page and retry while logging. Copy any messages from the app tab on the log page and place here for me to look at. (in over a year, this error has not occurred very ofter, so ???).

Dave

Um, my password manager works perfectly
 It just copies the password to the clipboard, I paste it manually. I use it for every other app (over 200) without issue. I already mentioned I typed it manually as well. No bueno.

94a272b6-595a-45aa-86fc-4e9e6d5d98e7 9:22:16 PM: trace BasicReport: BasicReport(value: 0)

19e1009a-6dd0-4889-9d35-44c9aac53438 9:21:59 PM: error Error in getDeviceData: [error_code:-20651, msg:Token expired]

I changed the password, tried to enter it again WITHOUT exiting the service manager. Note that NOTHING showed up in the live logging, even though I did get the same error on the app.

I exited the service manger, went back in, and I got the same error:
74c76388-6a03-425c-846f-88a17d50d36d 9:28:46 PM: error Error in getDeviceData: [error_code:-20651, msg:Token expired]

Ok, so this time I looked more closely. When I looked at my options, one was "initial install’. I was literally following the instructions, and perhaps that obvious selection was, um, not so obvious (add device was what I was selecting.) 
 Seemed appropriate, so I selected it. Feel so stupid, and I will go back and look at your documentation and see if it was me, or you.

Ok, looking at the doc:

Seems one would select add devices
 Perhaps you could update this to say if this is the first time install, select ‘initial install’ as I was taking this literally as I normally do when documentation is provided. After selecting Initial install, well, it allowed me to proceed and grabbed a token. Stupid user? yes. Opportunity to improve documentation? yes.

thanks!!

Glad you caught it and you are back up and running. I will be updating shortly with new instructions for the new Service Manager. The “Cloud TP-Link to SmartThing Add Device.pdf” will include clear instructions to make sure the Service Manager is installed in accordance with “Installation - Cloud TP-Link to SmartThing.pdf” prior to proceeding.

I created the AddDevices document for occasional users who come back in three months to add devices (and do not need to install). Sorry for the confusion.

No worries! I appreciate your getting this all working, and for having such wonderful support to boot! I will be happy to help format/proof anything for you, let me know. Send me a PM if you want to chat.
Cheers!

Hi I’ve been getting this error when I try to “Initial Install”.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘id’ on null object @line 233 (getToken)

I was wondering if anybody could help me “decode” this error and help solve it!

Thanks

It means that your token did not get updated correctly. Try starting over (removing Smart App). The open live logging to see if we see any other errors.

dave

Dave,

I just wanted to thank you for your work on this. I impulse bought a couple LB230’s on a great sale assuming they would work natively with SmartThings. Found out differently during install. Found this thread and within an hour had everything running great with ST integration. Great guide with clear instructions.

I repeated the installation process any yet nothing, same error code and all.

Do you have a hub (I ask this because the error is in getting the Hub ID)? You must.

During Installation, did you pick your location PRIOR to copying/installing the device handlers and smart application? You must.

These are the reasons that the error will occur.

Dave

Thank you very much for help, Dave, and your quick response. Tried to update the driver last weekend, but apparently wasn’t doing it correctly. This weekend, with a little more time and thought, got the driver updated, and voila, my Alexa commands–via SmartThings via your app and driver–are now working again perfectly! :clap:

1 Like

When installing the Smart App and Device Handler I picked my location I believe. And in the SmartThings Groovy IDE it says I have no hubs.

Adam

Not know your level of expertise:

a. You must have a physical SmartThings Hub
b. You install this hub by downloading the SmartThings mobile app, logging in, and following the prompts. They think you have not done this.
c. Confusing point: I believe the Samsung Connect mobile app (new SmartThings app) allows you to set a location w/o having a physical. This does not equate to the physical hub you have to buy / install.

@Awesom3A it could be you’ve managed to log into the wrong URL as per the following article - Which IDE do I use? There is more than one

@Gutheinz just wanted to say thanks for a brilliant integration, taken me about 10 minutes to get this working to pull in my three HS110’s, took me the most time to find the TPLink Cloud Connect V2.groovy on GitHub!

Hi Dave
I’m using TP Link device with SmartThings since long yesterday I tried to add one more new device I’m getting page SAVING error I see new app version 4 in the smart thing app can I see new device Handler version 3 ide my other device working fine but I cannot add new device any help I really appreciate it.

You need to update your drivers from the original site. To support the new phone app, I had to split the old plug-switch DH to plugs and switches.

Dave

Sorry Dave I didn’t understand you mean driver for Smart Switch or driver or app and thanks for the quick reply can you clarify little more please I really appreciate that

Simple solution is update your device handlers and smart app to the latest version. This will restore the installation functionality as well as provide support to the new phone app.

Dave

Thanks for reply I did checked my app is updated device Handler updated version 3 TP link service manager updated version 4 which is showing up dated 23rd October 2018 still no luck keep getting error message page not save I did install and w reinstall smart thing app but no luck

I just upload screenshot

Wen i trying to save it giving me page saving error