TP-LINK HS110 Smart Plug w/ Energy Monitoring, Wi-Fi Enabled

Yeah if I have some time later I should be able to help.

The issue isn’t compiled code really, I think it’s an issue running the x86 Ubuntu phusion baseimage on arm.

So I would just install the node.js script and run it directly on a raspberry pi without docker. I did update the docker image in a branch but docker seems sort of beta on ARM arch right now, and it doesn’t build in docker cloud.

Thanks aapocketz, I got it running in node without docker like you said, working fine. Thanks again for all the assistance!

(@rnel) #94

Is there a way to make the port static also? It is changing incrementally once it restarted from the QNAP-Container.

(AlexB) #95

I’m not sure if you gave up on this but I saw this error while setting mine up.

My issue was that my HS100 was on a guest wifi network and did not have access to my lan ports where my raspberry pi was running the code.

I changed the wifi network to a non-guest network and everything worked.

I suggest you try pinging 192.168.200.28 from your machine with the nodejs code

(Dave Gutheinz) #96

HS110 energy monitoring support is added in the apps in the thread “TP-Link Bulbs and Plug Control”. I am the author. Feel free to use this as a guide.

Note that my approach is different from the basic HS100 app. I do most processing in SmartThings and have a minimal footprint on the server/bridge. I do not use the HS100 API in this approach.

(James) #97

Hey Dave G. I don’t mean to hijack this thread but I’m having trouble with 1 step from your instructions @ GitHub.

Scenario:
Try to get HS-200 working with Smartthings hub v2

Step I’m having trouble with:
Running the “TP-LinkServer_v3.js”

Background:
I’m using Windows as my Server PC
From the Node.js command prompt version is v8.1.2 (I downloaded the MSI as per your instructions)
I was hoping to get the results in your instructions when I ran the test but instead I get "SyntaxError: Unexpected token <"
I was able to run another test with a “Hello World” js and it worked
I also tried your “GetdeviceIPs.js” and same error

I might be totally doing this wrong but please point me to the right path. Let me know if you need to full Syntaxerror msg and any other info.

Thanks in advance for your time.

James,

(Mantas) #98

hello im just starter in smartthings. I need know or you crate Cloud-Based_TP-Link-to-SmartThings-Integration. because I do your metod but nothing happens. if is you crate this metod I need ask mi and I haw several questions .

(Dave Gutheinz) #99

Yes. Go to the below link and I will help.

In the meantime, assure that you have followed the published instructions explicitly. These are at the getHub site in a document “Cloud TP-Link to SmartThing Installation.pdf”. You might want to print these and mark the steps so you can be explicit on when / where the installation fails.

(Mantas) #100

I don’t find haw to write to you in email. becuose write here. what mi
problem.

what this red meens?

(Dave Gutheinz) #101

There is no error at the called line. However, there is something spurious on line 32 (indicated by the space between the two lines.

Usually done by not copying/pasting as text. I tested the app exactly as copied from GitHub this AM and it worked fine. Again, a copy / paste problem.

(Isriam) #102

i just used the cloud version of this and worked great.

(Mantas) #103

to my now to works great. problem was a numbers by the code lines. everything delet and works program.

(Cyndi H) #104

I’m not into coding and I’m new to HA and I’m just trying to figure out if you can integrate these with the smartthings hub (no coding involved) Thanks

(Tyler Durden) #105

You don’t have to code anything, but you have to install custom code that’s already been developed. It’s not too difficult to do. (First time is the hardest.)

Here is a link to a thread that discusses the custom code that will integrate TPLink devices to SmartThings via the cloud.

This is a link that explains how to install custom code in general.

(Cyndi H) #106

Thank you :slight_smile:

not sure if it has been already mentioned earlier but integrating them via IFTTT is quick, simple and requires no code at all. in ST just create a simulated switch, authorize that in IFTTT, authorize kasa to IFTTT and then create recipes to turn on and off.

i can look up for instructions and paste here if anyone is interested.

(Wyatt Smith) #108

Do you have a guide for this?

Sure mate. Gimme time till this weekend, will send with some screenshots.

ok, here is my take at a guide. [this is my first attempt so please bear with me]
pre-requisites: accounts and access to IDE, Kasa and IFTTT

Step 1: create a simulated switch in IDE. log in to graph.api.smartthings.com > go to ‘my devices’ > new device > give it a name, network ID (it can be anything you like) > select ‘simulated switch’ under Type > select your location and other fields > click create

Step 2: give access to your smartthings and kasa in IFTTT quite straight forward. login to IFTTT and search for smartthings, and Kasa under services. both will require you to login to respective accounts and provide access to your devices.

Step 3: create applets in IFTTT go to my applets > new applet > If simulated switch turned on, then turn on your kasa plug.
Similarly create another applet with the rule that if simulated switch turned off then turn off your kasa plug.

That’s it! hope it helps.

regrettably, i couldn’t get down to doing it with screenshots.