TP-Link Kasa Edge Driver (also LIFX)

Yes, surprisingly it worked as you suggested. i set the “push” on a styrbar button to power on and dim 100% 4 of my hs220 tp link dimmer switches , pushed the button and about 5 seconds later, they all powered on. looked at the app and they now had the dimmer slide. though it seems as if the slider on the app is not working, im hopeful after a few hours it should. the response time from the button is almost instant- a fraction slower than the kasa app yet faster than ST app.

1 Like

Great! I just tested it with my other two lights that didn’t have the dimmer working and I can also confirm their dimmer slider is now present and working.

After a hub reboot the delay on toggling the Driver-controller TP-Link switches from the ST app has gotten better. However, it’s still very noticeably longer than using the TP-Kasa linked service in the ST app (that one feels almost instant, the light clicks on while my finger is still touching the button on my phone’s screen). And what’s worse, occasionally I still get an extra-long delay between a second or two.

@Paul - I have not enrolled the hub into any channel yet but with the announcement that came up recently that the migration is going to start from Sep 30th, do I have to enrol the hub into a channel, enrol into Barry’s invite to install the KP115 driver or will these be done automatically?

If you want to use his driver you have to manually enroll.

But you don’t have to use his driver. You can continue to use the official cloud to cloud integration if you choose.

I could but it does not have the power monitoring functionality? When you say manually enrol, you mean enrol both the hub and Barry’s channel invite?

To manually enroll follow the link for Barry’s channel invite.

His Edge driver work with both power monitoring and non-power monitoring plugs and switches. The advantage is that you Local Control vs cloud control.

Ok thanks, so should I enrol the hub also? Also, should I delete the TP Link and pair again?

If you want local control enroll your hub and add the driver.

Since the old integration is c2c there is no need to delete the existing integration until after you get the Kasa devices setup.

Does this work with multicomponent devices yet? Tried adding the HS300 but it was a single device with broken clouds.

1 Like

Tagging @BarryA

Doesn’t seem to, but there seems to be an overall issue with Edge drivers in general with multicomponent devices.

I have a pair of KP303 Power Strips, plus an HS300 Power Strip.

The devices are detected, but only show a single on/off.
The Power monitoring one does show a few more items, but nothing is populated.

Clear on enrolling the hub and adding the driver. I have used a smart app for this and an IDE too so should I leave them like that and re-pair?

I would ditch the smart app and related drivers 1st.

Barry, I have a TP-LINK HS-100 WiFi Wall Switch. I know it is an older model, but, will it work with your TP-Link Edge Driver. The only info I have from the Groovy IDE is: Device Network Id - TP-LINK|:HS100(US)|:8006A63BB94B8678165A428F54F41B6E18070042

Also, I am somewhat of a newbie with the ST Edge Drivers. At this point, I have downloaded ST Edge drivers from a Shared Channel to my hub. I am not familiar with installing a driver to my hub from GITHub. Do you have a Shared Channel setup already, or, can you point me to procedures on the download/install from GITHub. The only thing I have done was installed DTH’s through the Groovy IDE.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your hard work. I am just trying to figure this stuff out, so, all 40 of my devices I installed throughout the house works. I know, wishful thinking. LOL

The following is the link. Follow the link and install the TP-Link driver.

Then run add a device using scan nearby. Your devices should show up in no room assigned.

1 Like

Thank you very much Paul.

Yes, the HS-100 is supported

Unfortunately multicomponent devices like power strips the dual plug are not yet fully supported, they will show up as a single device. Will start looking into adding support soon.

Power monitoring and energy consumption support has been promoted from beta to the release channel

Thanks for this driver. Is the KP115 power monitoring plug supported?