Tip for Alexa + Harmony + Sonos

So I’ve integrated ST into Harmony and used Harmony to setup activities which trigger Sonos favorites.

When I name the activity, for rexample “NPR Radio” I cannot seem to use Alexa to trigger the activity by saying " “Alexa turn on NPR Radio” because Alexa wants to start amazon music.
I’ve also tried Radio and music and they also start amazon music as well.
Any thoughts??

How does EchoSistant handle it using: Alexa change to (switch to) NPR Radio in (my Home) or what ever you set your Main Invocation word…

I can try w Echosistant. In a perfect world I would likely integrate this switch to the room.

I guess I would create a profile for Kitchen and then assign the he switches to say “Alexa turn on NPR Radio in my kitchen”

1 Like

Yeah, you would need to use a switch with a Profile, but the Main intent is able to handle Harmony activities directly without virtual switches. If you look at the list of devices that you need to copy/paste to AWS, it already has your Harmony activities.

Update …
Actually, you cannot use a switch with a profile. The Profile can only manage groups (for now)…

But if you only put one switch in that group… Think about it… :frog:

It seems to work ok for me… I have a harmony “button” called outside music. This turns on my receiver, turns on second zone, switches to pandora radio… I have harmony connected to smart things and Alexa connected to smartthings…