TinyCamPro Web/NVR camera app (Wyze Arlo)

Please share the details of your configuration too:

1. Types / models of cameras.
  2. Specs of device(s) that you are running tinyCam webserver on.
  3. LAN / Wi-Fi configuration.
  4. Specs of, and number of, device(s) that you are running ActionTiles on.
  5. Have you tested variations of the configuration?
  6. Have you tested the with only 1 camera to see if that is stable before incrementally adding more?

Thanks!

1 Like

how are you supplying the tinycam server password? for a while i did not put the password in the url which causes tinycam popup and ask for username and password every day or so. i recently created a unique password for tinycam and use that in the url so it doesn’t ask for it every day. this password will be clearly visible in the actiontiles media url for the cameras so i chose to make something unique.

make sure your tinycam software is updated, for a few weeks the server crashed and didn’t restart on its own. now there is an option to restart the server if it crashes, make sure that is checked.

1 Like

Ive also been battling with the User:password issue.

However in all of this I have discovered that amazon is no longer blocking the fullscreen mode on the Fire tablets. So the easy solution was to just log directly into the camera on chrome, and then into actiontiles (on Chrome) and the feeds were there.

Any attempt Ive made to do this in Fully Kiosk has failed though. Ive tried both with user:password@192.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
AND
192.xxx.xxx.xxx&user=admin&pwd=passphrase
Neither have worked. Ideally I would like this to run in fully for the camera functionality to dim the screen. But for me at this point, having the camera’s stream is more important than Fully…

I have found that you must run whatever device that is running the webserver in “power safe” mode or the app just chews through resources on the device and eventually causes the streams to crash. Anyone else experienced this? @Geewiz I also found this fixed the constant crashes of the feeds. Since I have now had the streams successfully running for 2 days without a hiccup.

My next issue was that I found that each webserver could really only feed about a max of 9 streams. In my case I had 7 tablets to stream to with 3 camera, meaning I needed to run 2 webservers to achieve this. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

I have it like this in ActionTiles…
http://YOURIP:8083/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?camera=1&user=YOURNAME&pwd=YOURPASSWORD

Mine seems to have crashed and not restarted though. Will check the TinyCam phone tonight when I get home.

1 Like

@kevin yep exactly, only it doesnt seem to authenticate in Fully, so none of the streams come up.

Im not sure if this maybe has something to do with the auto authenticate for AT. Ill try switching this off tonight and see if it helps.

@Paul_James I checked my bandwidth usage this morning… The streams are using 100GB… however Im not on low bandwidth usage. For some reason my one feed dies when I do this. Sadly its the stream from my gate, IE the most important one.

The usage as far as I know is internal, not internet traffic though?

The first format will never work in any Chrome powered browser (including Android Webview / Fully, etc.).

The second format works fine with tinyCam Pro serving to Fully.

Thanks Terry, I’m not sure why it isn’t working with mine, perhaps the auto sign in to AT via Fully? Not sure if it’s trying to use my AT profile for the cams?

Definitely not.

Test that the URL with tinyCam login parameters works in a plain browser tab like Silk first…

Works in silk or chrome… not in fully. Double checked the cam entry and all is right… any other suggestions?

Have you just tested in plain browser tab in Silk & Chrome, or also tested ActionTiles in Silk & Chrome? Use a “private browsing” (or “incognito”) tab, to be sure that no cached / saved credentials are being used.

If that still works, then please contact Fully Support - i.e., if you are confident that the issue is isolated to Fully.

Keep in mind that there is a limit of 3 concurrent MJPEG webserver streams from any one camera in tinyCam Pro.

In other words - lots of possible details to check; and though my and many other ActionTiles customer results have been successful, we’d prefer not to make assumptions.

Contact Support@ActionTiles.com with lots and lots of details if Fully (and/or tinyCam) Support isn’t able to help. This is outside our scope, but we are enthusiastic about learning the limits of this capability.

1 Like

Terry, sorry just to confirm. It works in chrome/silk. I just can’t get it right in fully.

I’ve also gotten around the 3 concurrent streams by running multiple tinycam servers. Not sure if you can confirm if all this info from the cams ie being pushed through the LAN or if it’s all actually going through the web? I would think over LAN…

It’s all LAN (unless you are on ActionTiles outside of your home and using port forwarding or VPN over the internet, or are using a cloud based camera or tinyCam Cloud service). Nothing passes through the ActionTiles Cloud.

I definitely recommend contacting Fully Support, but you might also want to test on some alternative Android devices (a phones? Blue Stacks on Windows?).

I sometimes do desktop screen shares with Customers, but you’ll need to figure out your own way to mirror your Android tablet or phone to your desktop (various Apps are available… ApowerMirror maybe?) so I can see Fully simultaneously with you.

Well Im blown away…
After 3 days of trying to get it right in Fully, it just started working this morning.

Terry, thanks for all your help. I was initially very hesitant on AT, but I got to say your support even beyond AT has been whats made it 100% worth while for me. Thanks again!

1 Like

That’s great news, and I appreciate the recognition, Gilbert! SmartThings and ActionTiles faces a similar challenge of becoming “platforms” and thus the number of combinations of stuff is hard to keep up with. But we’re trying to do a better job of determining popular “successful” configurations so that we are ready to answer questions and publish in our Knowledge Base.

Do keep us posted with any new information.

And if you happen to use Facebook, I can’t express enough how valuable 5-Star (or even… 4-Star) reviews are on our official Reviews / Ratings page:

https://www.facebook.com/ActionTiles/reviews

Hi Terry,

I have two cameras setup in tinycam pro webserver, I can get 1 camera to stream in actiontiles using http://192.168.x.xx:8083/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?cameraId=&user=admin&pwd=xxxxxxxx, but when I tried to repeat it using cameraid=1 for the second camera id I cant see any streams ?

Finally checked the TinyCam web server, it was running fine. For some reason the phone could not access internet, after reboot everything is working again.

Maybe for experiment, try using jpg/image.cgi rather than mjpg/video.cgi…
http://YOURIP:8083/axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?camera=1&user=YOURNAME&pwd=YOURPASSWORD

FWIW, I just tried the mjpg/video.cgi URL remotely in chrome browser window (not in ActionTiles), and it never loads. I can load 4 tabs with the jpg/image.cgi URL and refresh all of them continually and they load the image.

The parameter is camera not cameraid.

Reference: tinyCam Pro Android App web server: Stream RTSP and Wyze … / ActionTiles Forum / AT Support & Ideas

If you have more than 1 camera, use the camera parameter for every one of them.

Mine seem to work OK (I’m just testing 1 WyzeCam and 1 JPG Foscam being, both through tinyCam on my phone on the same LAN).

http://192.168.2.36:8083/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=1&compression=0&user=guest&pwd=xxx

@Geewiz:

Were you able to correct the freezing problem? I am having this exact same issue.

Wait…does this mean 3 streams from the same camera? Or 3 streams from 3 cameras?

That said, I finally discovered the webserver option, and that’s awesome. I’m looking forward to getting an Android box with a USB hard drive to use as an NVR.