Time to update to a Samsung account?

Not sure if this is the right topic.

I just updated to the new Samsung account, logged back in.
Hub is gone, all devices gone…

Seems i was too quick, seems to work now. Lets see what happened with WebCore

Are you signing into the SamrtThings Classic app? That is the app you should still be using until further notice.

Seems all is working, was worried a bit too quickly about webcore, have quite a few pistons running, but webcore uses a different system for user accounts.

Yes, still using the classic app.

1 Like

@Brad_ST Hoping you can assist me. I did the conversion last night and because I had contact book it broke a bunch of stuff. Support has removed contact book and my push are now working, but all of my routines are giving me an Oh No something went wrong error, any ideas?

Can you try again and DM me if it doesn’t work?

@Brad_ST did you do that? If so, you are the MAN!!! OMG!!! Thank you, Thank you.

1 Like

Happy to help. I’ll circle back with the support tech about what I did.

1 Like

Thank you again, Steve is who was helping me.

1 Like

I did the migration yesterday and now I cannot see my hub on my account. I gave my wife acces to my account and she hasn’t been prompted to upgrade and can still see the hub and eveything. Did ST not consider this situation?

Also, I have samsung phone, which I deliberately left signed out of the samsung account, but now I have no choice! Sp how do I stop the phone syncing all my private information to samsungs servers?

Check for another, empty location that the app is defaulting to.

2 Likes

Well I got the notification on my app tonight went through the process and it says updating account for a while then says sorry this is taking so long - try again or contact support. Tried it on my tablet and my phone both do the same. All was working just fine until today so much for a smooth transition.

2 Likes

@Brad_ST Question for you. After the update to samsung account I still have a ghost location that I cannot remove. I asked support to remove it and they said right now they can’t. The ghost location is set as the default location and neither I nor support can change it.

Am I missing something? I thought we were supposed to be able to delete the ghost location. Look for some advice on this one? It is not causing any issues, just annoying to see it there.

not sure if this will help you but…
login to IDE at https://account.smartthings.com and click on my locations.

• If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
  • Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
  • Scroll to the right and click Edit
  • If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
  • If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
  • Now you can edit/delete the additional Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.
3 Likes

Yeah, I have tried that, it will not set the home location to default. When you save and go back it says false every time. @Brad_ST have you had a chance to look at this?

Is the a projected timeline when all the SmartThings accounts are targeted to be transitioned? I still have yet to see the notice from within my SmartThings Classic app on Android. Just wondering.

Hi @rwhapham,

Consider yourself lucky than. You may get it and than your custom DH devices will stop working.

I just got that today. Sigh, I hope all is well in mine.

Crossing our fingers for you. Update us on the outcome. We can help with ideas.

the account migration will not break custom device handlers. You can still use the classic app after your account migrates.

Please check the other thread about custom DH.