Time based events failing?

Yep. It shows up. It worked for a while then it stopped after one of the firmware updates, I think.

When you go into the IDE list of smartapps (My Location --> List SmartApps) and click on the app you’re having a problem with, what does it say under the ‘Scheduled Jobs’ section?

So it’s scheduled properly. Did the logs show anything happening for the previous run times listed?

Job History shows it ran, but my light definitely didn’t turn on or off.

when you look at the log for the bulb itself, does it get any command sent to it at all?

1 Like

Interesting
 don’t see any command being sent to it from the app. It’s a z-wave paddle switch, by the way, not a bulb, shouldn’t make any difference I assumed. It’s also supposed to turn on when Home Monitor detects an intrusion which works perfectly.

Are you using the Smart Lighting SmartApp to handle this or is it a custom SmartApp?

The Smart Lighting app from SmartThings.

And you’re just using a standard time trigger? (on at x time and off at y time)

Yes. 6 PM on 11 PM off, but only when it’s in Away mode.

Two questions then:

1. Do you have any other Smart Lighting automations based on times but NOT on mode that are working?

2. Have you been able to confirm that your mode is changing properly?

Same problem this AM as Kel has. A new rule (shutoff light at sunrise + 30) on V1 hub did not turn off the light. The Ide log shows this rule ran on time and scheduled it to run again tomorrow. The “recently” log for this device on my mobile app, however, does not contain any entry indicating shutoff was triggered.

1. Nope.

2. Yeah. I manually changed the mode and tested again just a few days ago.

Status page says there were some “service degradation” problems this morning for some users. So you might’ve also walked into that.

http://status.smartthings.com

Yeah. That’s another issue
 my hub’s been offline for 2 hours now

Apparently ST pushed out an update and some hubs couldn’t reconnect after reboot

Maybe un-select and re-select the lights that you want the rule to work on and then hit ‘done’. It seems like it’s not properly associated with the device for some reason. Have you tried the online chat with support?

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the Smart Lighting smartapp altogether. I was chatting with support earlier and they couldn’t figure it out either. When I don’t specify a mode, it works fine, so it’s something to do with that. I mean I could set it up to just turn on regardless of the mode, but I really don’t need it to do that when I’m home sitting in my living room.

I know local processing is a big selling point but have you considered looking into using Rule Machine while Smart Lighting continues to have this issue?