Time based events failing?

Ditto, 100%. Today is another day with another SmartThings problem. After yesterday’s misadventure,and eventual resolution, now I’m back to where I was last week – all mode changes and time-based triggers failed to happen. I updated my open trouble ticket, for all the good it does (almost 24hrs since I reported and provided a log screenshot showing possible database corruption that could be key to solving everyone’s problems, and no repsonse from ST… or even an indication that they’ve read it. Also no response from the people that @JDRoberts tagged here as a result of my report).

As much as I Iike this system when it works, it has become a second full-time job to keep it running. Family acceptance is less than zero, and the system would be gone if it were up to them. I give this system one week tops before there is a family revolt and I’m forced to remove it (if things don’t improve).

3 Likes

I just got done writing support.

Over the last week, several (if not all) of my automated routines and timed actions have failed to trigger. I’ve even tried to go to the apps, change settings, save, and change settings back to re-register the apps. I have the version 1 hub.

For example:
This morning, my lights did not turn off at sunrise as programmed in smart lighting app.
My home did not arm when all presence detectors turned away.
My home did not go into stay mode at sunrise.
Earlier this week, my lights didn’t turn on at sunset.

What’s going on here??? This is horrible.

Im hub v1 and having all the same issues. Routines and timed automations don’t work

I had one instance of my gentle wake up fire as normal this morning. But the second instance did not.

I follow what you said and mine had a screwed up date too.

1 Like

I hate to be stupid but where do you find the web api? New to ST’s and the forums. My timed Good Night routine worked until I added a thermostat.

Thanks

I don’t see “Next Run Time” when I look at the smartapp details. Here is an example. What am I missing? This is a time based smart light that turns a lamp on,then off. It has been working for about 5 days since I updated the time and saved it.

Grrr, another day of lights on when it’s bright outside.

I haven’t had a lot of problem with my scheduled apps not running. I’ve only had two fail so far.

But, I did just go through the api for my scheduled apps and I saw a couple of more that would have failed.

So, I went through every smart lighting instance and just clicked next and then done for every one. After rechecking the api they are all now in a waiting status for a future time.

Though we shouldn’t have to do this, It is a pretty quick and easy fix.

Good tip. Lets see if these routines fire now at next scheduled time and if they continue to fire.

1 Like

After last week’s update, my Smart Lighting triggers started working, and everything was fine until yesterday afternoon when our alarm was accidentally tripped, and I remotely disarmed it. The following has happened since:

• The good night routine which should automatically be set after 10pm when motion stops (“things quiet down”) never fired
  • The good morning routine “” 6am when things start happening never fired

Lighting events worked fine though. I reviewed the location log and there’s nothing abnormal except for the missing events.

I’m on a v2 hub. I think the recent set of ST fixes are turning out to be whack-a-mole. ST might have bit off more than it can chew with this v2 update. But I’m patient because I’m an early-adopter and also got a sweet deal on this hub. I’m spending way too much political or “WAF” capital though!

1 Like

All scheduled events and runIn() failing here today. This just started today, yesterday was fine. This is the worst ST failure I’ve ever seen. They have really hosed it.

6 Likes

Yeah, I woke up to the dark ages as well.

It does seem that the scheduling issue in the cloud is based around the last run/next run update protocols. At least the trend I’m seeing from the community seems that way. I hope the imagineers at ST see that…

But at least worth a little maintenance on our end we are getting it under control.

But honestly, I absolutely do NOT want to take my hub down for 15 minutes every day and recomplete every scheduled app I have just to get through the day.

Can anyone reply about my post #346? Why don’t I see “Next Run Time” when I follow those directions?

I so do agree with you, Bruce. This has been the largest failure atleast since I joined ST September, 2014. Fortunately everything worked for me yesterday. Don’t know what this evening will bring but at least they are scheduled in IDE to trigger.

1 Like

When you are in this part of the api, where you got this screenshot, click on the actual app you are looking at. A pop-up window appears. Scroll down in that window to the scheduled jobs section.
It should look like :smile:

1 Like

Which app is that?

I have a section below the settings section labeled “Scheduled Jobs”. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t have it.

Here is the Web API interface:
https://graph.api.smartthings.com/

My scheduled jobs says “none” even though this smart app supposed to turn on at sunset and off at sunrise. Is this normal?

Some rules leave the scheduled runtime blank, it may be the ones that are based on sunset I’m not sure. Or routines. Or routines based on sunset I just don’t know the exact combination.

But I do have one routine that doesn’t fill in the schedule field and still runs. Well it didn’t run today because nothing time-based ran this morning, but it has been running even with the schedule field blank.

But if you have something with the next scheduled event filled in but it’s a time in the past, that one is not going to run until you open it, make a change, and save it.

Thanks for that - I see it now. I guess I’m fortunate that things have been running good for 3 days now… So frustrating to read all of this!

1 Like