Time based events failing?

As in routines that didn’t fire when they should or problems with lights?

Both routines not firing, but also lights going on for no reason.

Even Sonos knows we have a problem!!!

2 Likes

I’ve had a few time based apps not working since 10/23. I just looked into it today and noticed that the “Next Run Time” was the same as the “Prev Run Time” in the past. Fixed them by going in and editing the time.

It should be a simple fix that “Next Run” time cannot be in the past. Not very reassuring to find this thread and that the problem has been know for a little while without a fix. Is this a gadget or a consumer device?

I’m on a V1 hub and have tried rebooting multiple times, including well over 15 minutes. I’ve also opened ST apps like automated lighting and resaved them. I’m still getting flaky results. On top of that (not necessarily related), my wife’s presence has been cr@p since Sunday, making presence-based routines also execute erroneously. This is getting VERY painful, especially since up until recently things were solid, and the only response I’ve gotten from support is to try resaving apps… :rage:

1 Like

Cannot agree more, things were more or less solid until Saturday. Then…something happened.

As for presence, there is a correlation between an app fireing and the presence sensor. Not sure what that might be, but what I noticed last night, is that my presence sensors were reporting correctly up until I started adding back the apps I deleted because they were acting up, then the fiasco started again. Could be interference, could be something else? Have no clue…

Not sure what you guys are talking about. Smartthings status page is indicating everything is good to go… Drink the koolaid and believe… (/end sarcasm)

2 Likes

Like I said…its a TOY

1 Like

I’m just waiting for chatline to be staffed. If they are not available at 9 am PDT, I’m going to lose my m@#$ mind! As of last night (only discovered in retrospect), I’ve lost all control of switches in the house… meaning that no one is home and the HOUSE IS UNLOCKED… with no way of locking it!! Lights failed to go off on schedule (though “Recently” in the app and the IDE log show they triggered). Scheduled events are correct, and switch attempts are all in the log… but nothing happens!

This is the final straw. If it is not fixed, and I mean SOON, all this stuff is coming out.

Was it for all devices or specific to Zwave devices only? I’ve seen this kinda of issue but only on zwave devices all zigbee devices remain responsive. Seems like the mesh get wonky sometimes when one of the zwave devices was acting up. Each time that this happened, I powered down the main breaker to power cycle the entire house since I don’t know which zwave device was causing the problem. After that, things will work fine again.

I only have three Zigbee devices, and they’re all passive, so no way of knowing. I tried a hub reboot via the IDE with no result. I’ll try a Z-wave repair before trying support.

For me the repair wouldn’t work. Keep getting error about couldn’t find route. Only the power cycle helped so far. Power cycling the HUB only didn’t help either. I think I have a device that is causing this but not entirely sure how to narrow it down to which one.

Chime, chime, chime!

I never turn off lights automatically. And some of my switches that are going on and off are virtual switches that are only used for harmony, not used for Lighting at all. (That’s why the television randomly changes channels. ) last night one switch turned itself on and off four times for no reason at all.

This morning one time based routine ran, another one didn’t. And my using the motion sensor did not trigger to unlock my door. And we rebooted the hub and remove batteries for 15 minutes yesterday.

So Monday the door unlocked totally randomly when it shouldn’t, and Wednesday the door did not unlock when it should.

I’m very tired. I mean just physically. I have a Plan B for all of these things but they aren’t always physically easy to execute. :fearful:

1 Like

Z-wave repair didn’t work for me either - it didn’t fail… it just did nothing at all.What did work though was disconnecting hub via IDE,waiting 10 minutes, then rebooting hub. I have regained control (of the house AWA myself :astonished: ), and the house is locked. All is well again (for now). Support has been spared my ire.

One really strange thing I found was this bogus log entry from last night, around the time I guesstimate the problem started:

The thing is, I don’t have a device named “Dining Room Window.” In fact, I don’t even have a dining room!

1 Like

Just for sake of discussion I wanted to add my experiences since this weekend.

The only issues I had was:

1 sunset event of my interior lights not turning on. Exterior lights did turn on. Mixture of z-wave switches and zigbee bulbs. This has been fine since. No intervention.

2 timed events of Good Morning routine not firing. I manually toggled 1st morning. 2nd morning I scheduled 10min later and it fired. This has been fine since. No further intervention.

After these 2 situations I unplugged my V1 hub until I received the push notification.

2 events of door sensor triggered zigbee bulb (1 of 2) not turning on. The other bulb acted just fine. This was after hub reboot and the only issue I’ve had since.

On the same floor as the aforementioned bulb I added a z-wave switch and removed a zigbee bulb in another room.

All has functioned as expected since.

1 Like

OK, that’s really serious. Report it to support right away. We’re moving past poltergeist here. Because if you are getting reports on your account of devices that you do not and have never had, there is cross account database corruption in the cloud. And that’s all kinds of bad.

Hopefully it’s just the logs crossing and no control messages.

@slagle @Dianoga

4 Likes

Multiple days of events failing…

I have multiple lights on ST switches that turn on a sunset or a specific time, and then turn off at a specific time. SOME are working, most are not. The ones that work seem to be random. I even have a “sweeper” event that goes through every morning at 9 am and sets all the lights to “off”. It hasn’t been working – we’re finding multiple lights on at 11 am…

Have reset the hub (ST V1) remotely, and repaired the network. Nothing…

Arrgggghhhhh

2 Likes

Really glad you reported this, it’s exactly the kind of thing that would cause “poltergeists”, it’s exactly the kind of thing that would have ST scratching their heads. And it is a serious issue that should impossible in the software design. If this were my development team, this would be bug numero uno. Fixing it would probably fix a host of other problems. Plus it should NEVER happen.

1 Like

Well, that’s your neighbor’s dining room. You can let them know that you’re in charge now :smile:

1 Like

That would make total sense if that is what’s going on. Crossed control messages in the cloud would definitely cause the crazy poltergeist and the complete lack of action from devices.

So, I turn on my dining room… And your house explodes! Yep, that is serious.

I agree that is should be reported immediately.
Also, everyone else should look at their logs and see if there are any crazy things there.