Time based events failing?

I figured that. Guess I’m just being hopeful.

I’m hoping it only fixes something… And not the alternative

4 Likes

I’m not sure I received the update (didn’t see an email that my hub was down, then back up like normal). Scheduling still fails

Never got notifications on either hub. Rebooted the one manually and it updated

I am having scheduling problem too… among so many other problems I had in the last month… My v1 hub doesn’t seems to have updated as stated by ST.

1 Like

I’m on an updated v2. Problems are hitting me hardcore right now. Scheduled routines and motion rules are not executing or reporting. Frustrating.

Send a polite request to ST support and try opening the routine and click done (and may be varying your scheduled events by a minute or so). @SBDOBRESCU has set his pet poltergeist out of his house! :wink: I have Casper, the friendly one!

2 Likes

I think no one liked my pet. They sent it right back to me!

2 Likes

Don’t sulk, Bobby! 20 chars. :slight_smile:

Anyone else seeing the schedule failures starting to happen again???

1, 2, three, half a dozen a day at random times?

Very frustrating,

1 Like

Nope, stable here for almost a week now.

Knock on wood…

1 Like

I have, along with other failures too. Siren went off this morning despite being in home mode. Random lights were on last night for no reason.

My Sunset/Sunrise triggers are still hit and miss.

Mostly unreliable for me. Feels like I’m living with a poltergeist…

So I streamlined all my smart apps so I could help better diagnose my setup. It turns out my sunset triggers are triggering an hour after sunset, but they were doing so reliably.

Is there any way to figure out what time zone and location smartthings thinks you are in? It must think I live in another location or something.

I use IFTTT as a backup trigger for lights, which does fire on time, so there must be some setting that’s just not right in smartthings.

Thanks. My location appears to be set correctly since it knows when I come and go. I think there should be a clearer way to input your zip and check your location.

I went on the developer page and it has me in the correct time zone (America/Chicago).

My Smartthing sunset/sunrise triggers are almost exactly an hour after the sunset/sunrise here. I am baffled. Even IFTTT, with its inherent delay, is triggering almost exactly at sunset.

Write support@smartthings.com and they can take a look at it. Maybe you didn’t get daylight savings time turned on?

I sure will. Upon further inspection, the times for sunrise/sunset are incorrect in the IDE. they show:
“Weather
Sunrise 7:24 AM
Sunset 6:06 PM”

When sunset is actually at 4:43 PM for me.

I’ll point this out to support and see where that gets me. Thanks!

1 Like

Here’s an update to my issues:

After emailing and messaging support, we tried some basic troubleshooting and fixed the incorrect Sunrise/Sunset times in the IDE (which then lead to late routines, etc).

The solution that worked: I had to move my geofence location (in the app under locations) to another time zone, save that change, and refresh the IDE so that it showed my location was now elsewhere. I then went back and changed my geofence location back to my home, refresh the IDE, wait a few moments, then it updated to the correct Sunset time.

I will pay close attention to see if it changes over the coming weeks, but I thought this might help people with failing routines at Sunrise/Sunset.

3 Likes