SmartThings Community

Tiles/icons path and file names

(Michael Alden) #21

I tried to create a device type and i have this for the code but no option for background only tile crap

I just want to have each switch lets say “dimmer dinning room” to have a picture of the dining room light. Or bed room and have a picture of that. Is it also possible to change the option on the current switches?
/**

• z-wave switch bedroom
  • Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except
  • in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at:
  •  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

• Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed
  • on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License
  • for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.

*/
metadata {
definition (name: " z-wave switch bedroom", author: “Michael Jon Alden”, oauth: true) {
capability “Switch”
}

standardTile(“myDevice”, “device.myDeviceIcon”, canChangeBackground: true)
{
state “default”, label: “”, action: “refresh”
}
simulator {
// TODO: define status and reply messages here
}

tiles {
	// TODO: define your main and details tiles here
}

}

// parse events into attributes
def parse(String description) {
log.debug “Parsing ‘${description}’”
// TODO: handle ‘switch’ attribute

}

// handle commands
def on() {
log.debug “Executing ‘on’”
// TODO: handle ‘on’ command
}

def off() {
log.debug “Executing ‘off’”
// TODO: handle ‘off’ command
}

(Eric Mayers) #22

I see some icons that are not in the list, but seem to be available. For example, st.secondary.refresh

Where can I find a list that includes this one? (I’m looking for a variation of this icon that has the refresh logo without the “Refresh” text)

(Roy Donaldson) #23

Hi there,

I’m just new to SmartThings and am setting up all my Rooms. How do I set the icons for a room ?

It just seems to let me pick from the Gallery on my phone in the app ? How do I set it to some of these icons above ?

Thanks,
Roy.

(sidjohn1) #24

(Roy Donaldson) #25

All that tells me is that I can take a picture, or use a photo from my phone’s gallery. Are there not standard room icons available that you can set a room icon to ? Am I missing something here ?

(Jeff Schaff) #26

Hi. I am a developer with a lot of years programming but new to writing apps for Smartthings. I saw your post in regards to icons and I was wondering if you could give me the path and icon for an alarm activated condition. I have a device for a contact that has an icon for open, closed, and I want one showing when the contact is in an alarm state.
If you can help me, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff
jeff.schaff@gmail.com

(Rjison) #27

This is so helpful, thank you!