[Deprecated] Thinking Cleaner 2.x (Roomba Control)

Hi,

First of all, sorry for my english. Secondly, I’m a beginner so more information than the ones below can not provide.

I have a Roomba 531, and two Broadlinks (one Mini and one Pro). At least Roomba 500 and probably 600/700(from what information I have found) can be controlled by IR. So in order to get started and to be sent to the Dock you can send these commands from ST.
How to send these commands from ST through Broadlink read the following information:

From the mobile e-control application where I found the Roomba remote, I have send the IR signal trough Broadlink Mini, and I have saved it in Broadlink Pro, then I saved it in ST. With a switch in ST comand ON, sends the IR command to Clean, and with OFF send the Roomba to Dock. All this with RM Bridge(I have a tablet used as dashboard/smarttiles at the entrance in the house and I use it for RM bridge to)
For me it is enough, I can do the routine to start the cleaning, and if I want to stop the cleaning I send it to the charger. If the battery is low, the roomba return anyway.

Maybe for some of you, it’s enough to, with 20$ and an old android phone you can integrate the Roomba in your home automation.

Greetings.

2 Likes