Things not working, Anybody Else? (July 4, 2017)

No. never had a need to open a ticket before. I want to try to do as much as I can first.

If the unplug for 20 min does not work, I would contact support. Always worth a try.

1 Like

Correct, a zigbee “heal” which is the equivalent of a zwave “repair” will happen automatically anytime the hub is off power for at least 20 minutes and then comes back on power. So there is no equivalent utility because zigbee just does this differently than zwave does. For zwave, a human has to initiate the rebuild. For zigbee, it is an automatic network function when the coordinator goes off-line.

Remember that you also have to take out any batteries that are in the hub and leave all the other zigbee devices on power during the time that the hub is off power. That will cause the other devices to go into “panic mode” and when the hub comes back they will then rebuild their neighbor tables.

As far as the amount of time it takes for the neighbor tables to be rebuilt, it can vary a lot depending on the number of factors. There are indeed Z wave repairs that can take many hours to complete, for example. We used to tell people not to expect to see full results before the next day.

@ck42 have you gotten in touch with support yet? There may be things that they can see from their side that are not available to us as regular customers.

4 Likes