SmartThings Community

Things I like BETTER about the new app vs Classic

(Toby Cth3) #61

Most of the more involved community members / developers have jumped ship to another platform :sunglasses:

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #62

I guess I’m making up the slack for them…

(Jason) #63

@prjct92eh2 do you have any ge zwave fan switches working?

(Jimmy) #64

Yes, but they have the dimmer UI in the new app, not the low/med/high buttons. Here’s the same fan device in both apps.

(Jason) #65

what DTH are you using?

(Jimmy) #66

@jscgs350 with metadata modifications

(Jason) #67

do you have a link for that by any chance, I can’t seem to find it? Or can you share the DTH if you altered it?

(Jimmy) #68

Just add mnmn: “SmartThings”, vid: “generic-dimmer” to the metadata definition on your current one. Then edit and save the device without changing anything.

(Jason) #71

got it working, but only 1 of my fans is showing up the other 2 say disconnected, any ideas? I am having this problem with several devices, that are on the same DTH some work, some dont.

(Jameson) #72

Awesome! My fans were one of the main things that wasn’t working in the new app! You don’t have a fix for any of these devices by chance?

Innovelli dual outlets with stock handler
Myq garage doors - custom handler
Fibaro fgk-101 with a custom handler for temperature
Aeon home energy monitor - custom handler

(Jimmy) #73

I haven’t tried any of this myself, but generic-contact for the Fibaro and generic-switch for Innovelli should get the basics working in the new app.

(Erwenger) #74

Good to know. Where do you see that?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #75

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/ref-docs/device-ref.html?highlight=eventsbetween#eventsbetween

(Erwenger) #76

Not-Queryable and deleted are not the same. I’d like to see a policy saying “deleted.”

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #77

Yah… I think it was published in a blog entry sometime… But anyway:

Under GDPR rules, SmartThings has to publish their data retention policies for EU residents, so check out the Terms and Privacy Policies on the website.

And/or contact Support@SmartThings.com

How do you know if you’ve been migrated? Do you have to do anything with the new app or are all of the devices, scenes, DH’s etc all pull into the new app automatically? Just wondering if I need to bother doing anything or just stay on the old app.

(Ecallegari) #79

Is there a way to get around the region lock if this is the case? Just say your hub is in U.S.? Classic app didn’t have this kind of restriction especially for those of us living overseas at times.

(JIm) #80

The new app apparently doesn’t have widgets??? At least the Classic app was able to run routines from widgets.

(jkp) #81

and today, I got the first popup asking if I Like SmartThings? :frowning:

(Jimmy) #82

New app has better reviews than classic in the iOS App Store! :joy: