Thermostat mode change in Routines

Hi guys,

Is there a way to change the thermostat mode on multiple thermostats based on a routine (I’m Back) or a Mode (Home)?

In the routine setup, I can change the thermostat setpoint, but that’s not what I want to do, I want to change the thermostat mode.

Does anyone have a solution?

Look in the Marketplace under “Climate Control” category, you have an app called “Thermostat Mode Director” that does what you need…

1 Like

Hi @SBDOBRESCU,

Thanks, but this is not what I’m looking for.

I want to change the thermostat mode, but not in reaction to an external temperature change.

I want to setup a routine that will force all thermostats to either go to Heat or EnergySaveHeat mode when it is executed.

Hi, I am wondering the same as @gouroufui. I want all my thermostats to turn off for example when I use the goodbye routine and all of them to turn on when I use I’m back routine. I have a Z Wave thermostat by Trane. Wondering if only certain thermostats support this? With Thermostat Mode Director it works, but I don’t want to rely on the temp sensors because they are usually off from the internal one that my thermostat reads. Any new apps or ideas to get around this?

With the Thermostat Mode Director, you can associate it to specific routine without choosing temperature sensor setting. You just set it at the Director Settings that would force it into a specific mode and then choose in Settings for Only when mode is Away.

Try this

I tried that app but it still doesn’t quite do what I need it to. I want my goodbye routine to be able to switch the Z Wave thermostat off regardless of the temperature. If that makes sense.