Thermostat display

hello, I am trying to get my thermostat display on the main page to be larger. I have finally found a device handler that I like but the degrees display on the main page is too small. I dont know enough about coding to know how to change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I’m curious about this as well. Some devices show large others show small. Any idea how to standardise it?

The latest App update in Android at least really messed this up. Hopefully a fix is is in the works

I think it’s got something to do with the tile being defined as multiattribute and that being called via the main statement.

To work around it define another valueTile called temperature2 and then call that from main. For example:

valueTile("temperature2", "device.temperature", width: 1, height: 1, canChangeIcon: true) {
        state "temperature", label: '${currentValue}°',
                           backgroundColors:[
                               [value: 31, color: "#153591"],
                               [value: 44, color: "#1e9cbb"],
                               [value: 59, color: "#90d2a7"],
                               [value: 74, color: "#44b621"],
                               [value: 84, color: "#f1d801"],
                               [value: 95, color: "#d04e00"],
                               [value: 96, color: "#bc2323"]
                           ]
    }
	main(["temperature2"])

That sorted it for me.

I can’t take any credit for that I just compared two DTH and it led me to the answer. I’m also no coder so any constructive criticism welcome!

4 Likes

I have noticed the same sort of behavior with icons as well. Some icons show small and gray and the same icon is showing large and black on other things?

Update: See the Den Dining Room and Den Fan light icon differences

Can you paste an example?

1 Like

Awesome! This fixed my issue! Thank you so much. It took a bit of trial and error to see exactly where to place it in my code but now it works!

1 Like

Mine is doing that too. I assume it is from the most recent app update. My take on it is that Blue is lamp modules and bulbs and green is for switches. But I could be completely wrong.

1 Like

I updated my post with the screen examples. They are different device handlers, one is for the aeon energy dimmer and the other is the Z-wave GE dimmer. My hub is giving me an error right now so I can’t see exactly what the device handler I used?