I had the problem of having a window air conditioner that I wanted to control using ST. I was using the virtual thermostat, but it wasn’t enough for me. I didn’t like that I had to have a different app installed for each mode that I wanted a different temperature in and it also didn’t turn on right at the mode change. It waited for the temperature to change for the sensor first. So I started writing my new app.
I borrowed a lot from @geko 's Smart Alarm App. Currently, you can set up multiple rooms with a thermostat, plug-in heaters, plug-in air conditioners, and a temperature sensor. You can also set the set temperature to change at mode changes with three different mode types (Home, Away, Asleep - modeled after what modes I use). Each room has its own set temperature and own mode program and you can set it to “heat”, “cool”, and “off”. The temperature sensor controls the plug-ins.
There is still a lot I plan on implementing but haven’t had time to work on it yet:
- The thermostat doesn’t do anything yet - I plan on just setting the set temp for the thermostat and the set mode for the thermostat and letting the thermostat manage itself. (I don’t need this to manage the window air conditioner right now)
- I want to be able to schedule times for temperature changes (so I can have it turn on the heater 30 minutes before I get up in the winter) - I haven’t figured out the best way to schedule these times with the multiple rooms having different programs
- I want to add a web interface to control the program and display the current and set temperatures.
- I also need to clean up and add some of the interface helper text
- I want to add some notification stuff too.
Other than those things, the code is tested and functional to run any plug-ins. If you have any other ideas, feel free to let me know. The code is at https://github.com/baldeagle072/smartthings-the_one_thermostat