The Next Generation of SmartThings is Here

(Jon Allsebrook) #127

Nothing is added to a room yet because I don’t want to add my wife’s presence to the room lol

(Kris Schaller) #128

Can you PM me with your account email address?

(Jon Allsebrook) #129

Done I have to you :smile:

(Idealerror) #130

So it shouldn’t be in there right now, correct? I was chatting with support and they said it should have come preloaded or be under recommended, but it’s not there.

(Kris Schaller) #131

Ah, no it should not be in there right now. We will deploy this to all accounts on our side.

(Idealerror) #132

Got it, thank you sir =)

Excited to try out this new feature!

(Jeff L) #133

Yea, they are shipping to folks who ordered directly through SmartThing before the rest of us commoners who used other suggested methods, e.g. Amazon. I’m in the same boat. I was told Amazon would ship “next week” along with those that didn’t pre-order. So yea, pretty much we got boned.

(Kris Schaller) #134

Very cool feature! :smiley:

(Scott Windmiller) #135

@kris, im not showing any conact sensors or switches to add to a room either…

iOS 2.0 Discussion!
(Jon Allsebrook) #136

Maybe we should strip out this bug stuff to a bug specific thread?

(Scott Windmiller) #137

Ahhh it might be because I have those devices not showing in a group.

If you had an existing group from the old app…it makes it a room and those devices cannot be assigned to another room. Its making sense now :slight_smile:

(Jon Allsebrook) #138

Mine are in things groups generally

We welcome all discussion and can create threads, but please make sure support@smartthings.com is getting your bug reports.

Thanks!

(Jon Allsebrook) #140

Want me to file a bug report through email as well Tyler?

Please - we do not generally track bugs posted to the forums. We have entire systems and processes and teams set up to diagnose and triage issues reported to support@smartthings.com.

Thanks!

Anyone with Android get the updated App yet?

(Jon Allsebrook) #143

Ok kris just messaged me apparently groups are now
Migrated into rooms so I need to take everything out of my old groups and create rooms?

(Marc) #144

Got the new app and overall a major improvement in the UI. I cannot seem to figure out how to change modes. How do I change modes? Do I have to now make a routine for every mode change?

(Bobby) #145

My kids just watched “Trappin’ the Backson!”

(Jon Allsebrook) #146

And errr how do I remove things from the old groups? It’s hot here and I may of had a glass of wine but can’t work that out for the life of me!