The End of Groovy Has Arrived

Biggest downside I see in Smart lighting is that any devices used in the SL routines do not have any indication that they are used in SL when you view the device like occurs with regular Routines.

6 Likes

100% agreeā€¦ many moons ago devices showed all there connected automations inc SL and Echoā€¦ it got removed like many other useful features

And more weeks go by and still no Smart lighting in Australia. Every week I check the bottom of the ā€œDiscoverā€ Tab!
And still not the slightest explanation why it is missing!

1 Like

It is a mystery, on a side note, what temp you got outside at the mo ? As a Pom its important to me so i can be more jealous

23Ā°C at moment, 7.15am.
Est max just 27 today.
Maybe we should have an app to trade some weather?
Hope your not suggesting that my Smart lighting just melted away :thinking:

1 Like

23 @ 7:15amā€¦ AM !!!

Lucky Ā£#@t@Ā£d :smile:

Trade ya. Just came in from shoveling 25+ cm of snow

1 Like

About the same amount of snow in Ottawa too, and I am only ā€˜mostlyā€™ done shoveling

1 Like

Howdy, neighbour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine just switched over automatically today (eastern Canada, though IINM Iā€™m on east. us servers) and the Groovy app vanished some time over the course of the day.

Smart lighting previously had a mode lik vacation to simulate us being home .
Does the new one do that?

Iā€™m in Norway, so no Smart Lightning for me, nope ā€¦

But now you gave me a tiny amount of hope. Maybe worth trying with support if they could install it?
But what support exactly? Samsung, ST? Global or local? Where to even start? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reading these posts above, sometimes it seems to me that I must be the only person to not have seen a single device migrate over to Edge on its own, not by 15 Sep, 30 Sep, October, or 31 Decā€¦ Or by today for that matter. And I mean not a single one. My setup is almost entirely Z-wave. I migrated manually one blind (of 13), all my 40-something MCO Home switches, almost all Fibaro Motion Sensors, some Door/Window sensors, a number of Qubino switches, and a number of Aeotec repeaters and switchesā€¦ But of all the devices I left to migrate, exactly zero have migrated to Edge thus far.

But the point is: Is the migration so far behind schedule when it comes to Z-wave? Or is there something wrong with my whole setupā€¦? Hardly think so though.

3 Likes

I would start by contacting Help through the SmartThings app. That should take you to support for your account.

Use the Menu option at the bottom of the main screen, then ā€œContact Us.ā€

1 Like

Youā€™re not the only one. Iā€™ve had only 4 devices, all ZigBee, auto migrate and that was weeks ago. Other devices I did on my own, some for testing, some just because they were easy. I have about 40 zw/zb devices still on DTHs that Iā€™m waiting for the magic auto migrate to happen. I check every few days.

2 Likes

Well - thatā€™s a bit of a consolation I guess. I wonder when this will start to happen for me. Seems like theyā€™re still months away from getting it all done, yet theyā€™ve started to take down Groovy-based stuff. I would love to have a look at that project plan.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised that some very basic devices have not yet transferred to Edge drivers. Z wave contact sensors, z wave tilt sensor, Aeon siren. For those who are still waiting: are they one off devices that havenā€™t moved, or some basic ones too? Thanks.

" Q1 of 2023

Ā· Complete 1st Party DTH migrations"

Ironically the main two Iā€™m waiting for to migrate are the Smartthings Multipurpose Sensor IM6001-MPP and the Smartthings Motion Sensor IM6001-MTP. Too many to do manually!

5 Likes

Ditto. Iā€™ve had 0 of my many contact sensors, repeaters, and thermostats migrate (all z-wave, most ZigBee stuff migrated).

1 Like

I thought things would accelerate after the holiday pause, but Iā€™ve seen no movement this year, beyond the smart apps going away and tthe IOS app update. The majority of my devices have not yet been moved (Iā€™m taking the wait and see approach)

3 Likes