The End of Groovy Has Arrived

Thanks for the clarification!

Strangely, I have several Iris contact sensors but only one migrated. Go figure.

1 Like

I have close to 40 iris contact sensors or may be more, all got migrated last nigh when my hub was down for 23 minutes. Interestingly this afternoon my hub was down for 6 minutes but nothing got migrated

1 Like

Just realized I have a v3 hub and it has not been updated to show matter with the zwave and zigbee icons when I click on the hub in the app. Should v3 show this? There have been so many posts, I canā€™t remember where Iā€™ve seen this info.

What type of phone are you using? iOS?

The bottom of the Hub page in the app will show the matter logo once you scroll to the bottom.

Not sure if the Matter logo shows on iOS devices yet.

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting. I have a v3 hub running beta firmware 45.01 with 99% of my devices on Edge drivers. My Android phone ST app shows a Matter logo, my iPad ST app does not show the Matter logo. Iā€™m not sure why there is a discrepancy.

Due to the iOS app at this point.

3 Likes

Yep, iOS. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Which line in a device handler is its fingerprint? I am using an Aeotec multisensor 6 as the key to a lot of my automations. I think this line is the fingerprint for the deviceā€¦
fingerprint deviceId: ā€œ0x2101ā€, inClusters: ā€œ0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x59,0x85,0x73,0x71,0x84,0x80,0x30,0x31,0x70,0x7Aā€, outClusters: ā€œ0x5Aā€
Can anyone advise/confirm?
Thanks

(Withdrawn by author)

1 Like

Yes and no. It is a what ST call a ā€˜generic fingerprintā€™. Once upon a time all Zigbee and Z-Wave fingerprints were expressed like this, but then there was a move to using ā€˜manufacturer-specificā€™ fingerprints. The end result was often a fusion of the two. Edge drivers are using manufacturer-specific devices for certified Zigbee and Z-Wave devices with some drivers having generic fingerprints as a fall back. So if you need device specific behaviour you really need the manufacturer-specific form.

Matter devices are interesting because although there can be ā€˜manufacturer-specificā€™ and ā€˜genericā€™ fingerprints it would seem that ST have actually been removing the former from some drivers, presumably because they ought to be redundant.

4 Likes

In the IDE for my Aeotec multi sensor 6 ā€˜raw descriptionā€™, I see this string of codeā€¦ zw:L type:2101 mfr:0086 prod:0002 model:0064 ver:1.07 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,59,85,73,71,84,80,30,31,70,7A,5A role:06 ff:8C07 ui:8C07ā€¦ which hopefully identifies the sensor correctly for Edge migration (even though Iā€™m using a custom DTH) :crossed_fingers:

Your Multi Sensor 6 is supported by the built in Z-wave Sensor Edge driver.

- id: "aeotec/multisensor/6"
    deviceLabel: Aeotec Multipurpose Sensor
    manufacturerId: 0x0086
    productId: 0x0064
    deviceProfileName: aeotec-multisensor-6
2 Likes

Aeotec Group say here that they provide an Edge driver for the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (ZW100).

Enroll in the channel here.

1 Like

Sucks that they went the route of a separate driver for each individual device type. Curious if they did that under direction of Samsung or just on their own. Worried about resource usage on hubs for those of us with lots of different device types.

3 Likes

Pretty sure they do work with the stock Z-Wave drivers and provide basic functionality. But each manufacturer can provide additional features by setting custom parameters. AFAIK, these are not standardised between manufacturers. The Aeotoc drivers expose those parameters in the settings.

Iā€™ve had one device migrate so farā€¦ a sonoff snzb-03 zigbee motion sensor. Itā€™s moved to a SmartThings zigbee motion sensor driver and appears onlineā€¦ but doesnā€™t detect any motion now :man_facepalming:t2:

@jds13 @csstup Thanks for your feedback guys. Iā€™ve enrolled to the Aeotec channel and added the Edge driver as suggested. What now, do I wait for the migration then select Aeotecā€™s driver? I donā€™t fancy un-enrolling the sensor myself then re-enrolling because too many automations are affected that would require rewriting (it controls all my lights using the lux sensor), so if waiting is an option Iā€™d prefer that. I guess by waiting I get to check STā€™s Edge driver, and if that doesnā€™t offer the refresh rate I require then select Aeotecā€™s driver.

Just wait. You may want to rewrite your automations anyway but itā€™s still best to wait for everything to stabilize.

If the ST-assigned driver doesnā€™t do everything you need, the Aeotec Multisensor 6 will be fully supported other channels including Aeotecā€™s and Mariano Cacchiarelliā€™s.

1 Like

Hi @nayelyz
I can not create SmartApp anymore because the project type "Automation for the SmartThings Appā€ is gone.
Before, when I create a project, it looked like below

But now in the developer workspace, there are 4 types of projects below

I think SmartThings Cloud Connector may be close. And it has two options

SmartThings Schema and SmartApps

I want to create a SmartApps, but I donā€™t know how to create SmartApps because I tried two times, and they all are ā€œSmartThings Schema Connectorā€. Could you tell me how to create SmartApps ā€œSmartThings Cloud Connectorā€?

I followed the documentation here for SmartApps Get Started with Cloud Connected Devices | SmartThings Developers, but in step 4 my server redirect the link to https://c2c-ap.smartthings.com/oauth/callback?response_type=code&state=eyJhbGciOiJIUzM4NCJ9.MzYwNDEwYmMtOWU2ZC00NmYxLTkzNzctMjQ5MjQ0ODU2ZTlkOnZpcGVyXzVmMTEyNzIwLTY5M2ItMTFlZC1iNTY2LWM5ZDMwMWJhOWU5MDoxNjY5MDExODQzMTE2OjNjZGYwZmQyLTRkMWYtNDMzZi1hMGQ0LTA0YTcxZTQxN2JlMjplbjo.mxwtapxHTwA4M0hdn6JIaAJ3Gb57uC1ultEj59OoAudr9yF8cfSA2aK-tMykIn9D, and in step 5, it always told me ā€œSomethins went wrongā€¦ Request Code: 0WIFZFā€. Different request code every time, but always wrong.
Can anyone tell me whatā€™s the right redirection and is there any sample code I can follow?

I am really frustrated by this change and have no idea how to create an Automation connector any more.
Thanks for help

1 Like